BoJo
(06-18-2019, 06:58 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 03:29 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 03:23 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Can you name 1 mp that will do good for us ?

Rory Stewart.

Would rather have alf stewart off home and away

I bet you want a really hard Brexit...
(06-18-2019, 03:23 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Can you name 1 mp that will do good for us ?

Rory Stewart.

Great idea! Defo have him negotiating with the EU too!

Rory Stewart.

You won't when the government is either forced to revoke Article 50 when Parliament votes down no deal again and collapses the government, or the working classes are absolutely shafted from the fallout of no deal as they're the ones directly exposed to it.

Stewart is the only one being realistic. The rest are peddling unicorns as they're either being malicious or being thick.
(06-18-2019, 07:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Rory Stewart.

No just a brexit that's what 17 odd million voted for but the remoaners don't believe in it.
(06-19-2019, 03:08 AM)The liquidator Wrote:

Rory Stewart.

No just a brexit that's what 17 odd million voted for but the remoaners don't believe in it.

And what is Brexit? What will it entail? How will Britain operate after we have left? All I’ve heard is glib statements like Leave means Leave... yes and then what? Why are we in a stronger position as a country when we have left? 

Of course remainers don’t believe in leaving why would they? Is there a good, rational argument to do so?
(06-18-2019, 06:52 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 08:22 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: 2 days since I posted the OP and no-one yet offered a reason why he'd be a good PM. There must be someone on here who thinks it.

I suppose it depends on your definition of what makes a good pm? Will more people be interested in what the prime minister has to say and does with him as PM rather than the other candidates? Absolutely so he will at least get more people interested in politics, but possibly for the wrong reasons! 

Not sure about the PM bit but I think it's good that he's an advocate of having no deal on the table re Brexit.

Thanks for offering a reason, but you've not sold him to me. I think 3 of the other 4 candidates will be leaving no deal on the table too - they all have more substance that Johnson, IMO.
It was like watching four drunks and a designated driver.
(06-19-2019, 09:13 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: It was like watching four drunks and a designated driver.

The perfect analogy
(06-19-2019, 05:51 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 03:29 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: Rory Stewart.

And what is Brexit? What will it entail? How will Britain operate after we have left? All I’ve heard is glib statements like Leave means Leave... yes and then what? Why are we in a stronger position as a country when we have left? 

Of course remainers don’t believe in leaving why would they? Is there a good, rational argument to do so?
It's not a short term thing anybody who thinks that are idiots in the words of DEKKA .

It might take 5 years to flourish some havnt anything to lose they feel they are on the scrap heap anyhow .    This is what you get when you don't listen to people's gripes and they are all in the Westminsters bubble and don't give a shit about any of us if we leave or not  .     They are in it all for themselves. Politics is fucked and I hope when this shitstorm is over the lot are on the scrap heap aswell .......get Prince William in charge fuck all the parties off and then you know what your left with .....dictatorship.......Labour and the Tories can sink without a trace useless bastards .
(06-19-2019, 10:54 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 05:51 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 06:58 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Would rather have alf stewart off home and away

It's not a short term thing anybody who thinks that are idiots in the words of DEKKA .

It might take 5 years to flourish some havnt anything to lose they feel they are on the scrap heap anyhow .    This is what you get when you don't listen to people's gripes and they are all in the Westminsters bubble and don't give a shit about any of us if we leave or not  .     They are in it all for themselves. Politics is fucked and I hope when this shitstorm is over the lot are on the scrap heap aswell .......get Prince William in charge fuck all the parties off and then you know what your left with .....dictatorship.......Labour and the Tories can sink without a trace useless bastards .

OK China.  I think that nihilistic rant is a fair reflection of how many people (Brexit party supporters in particular) think/feel.  But it doesn't engage with, never mind answer, the questions.   So we could ALL end up in shit creek with a crash out of the EU out of anger and spite and frustration with Westminster and cutting your nose off to spite your face.  Again, you don't cure a headache by hitting your balls with a hammer but that's what you are likely to get.  Then blame everybody else for it.

Oh and by the way, the Brexiteers said it would be easiest thing in the world to get the necessary deal(s) with the EU. THAT was utter bollox and either lies or stupidity. But that doesn't count in the balance sheet. Even Farage envisiged a deal via his preferrred "option". Now it is OK to drive the bus over the cliff and you are happy to pay his fare as you go over with him.