Rondon
(06-14-2019, 09:58 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Rondon is back in SA atm, I'm sure his agent will be lining up a choice of clubs him to consider.
Newcastle - Wolves - Everton have rumored to have already enquired - the dingles apparently offering the £16.5 m release clause.
No gossip from Europe as yet, but they will be keeping tabs on events that's for sure.

Rumour is that Wolves pulled out beacuse the overall deal was too expensive for them for this particular player. That really doesn't make any sense though with what they've already been spending.
(06-14-2019, 09:27 AM)Dumbo Wrote: No chance. Someone will deffo meet his release clause. (NUFC or Wolves).

Still just hoping we can come to an arrangement with Toon to see Gayle come back as part of the deal. Granted the clause muddies the waters.

Wolves have pulled out - too expensive.
Linked with Fenebarche as well wor he?
Rondon will stay in the Prem and several clubs will be in for him. He is the perfect player for the English game. A South American who is a throwback to a Joe Jordan character.
I won't be as rose-tinted to pretend he was a world-beater for us, as he missed a good few chances, but he was woefully under-utilised. Poor guy was in a different time zone from most of the other outfield players. Pulis's tactics meant Rondon never flourished.
(06-14-2019, 11:13 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Rondon will stay in the Prem and several clubs will be in for him. He is the perfect player for the English game. A South American who is a throwback to a Joe Jordan character.
I won't be as rose-tinted to pretend he was a world-beater for us, as he missed a good few chances, but he was woefully under-utilised. Poor guy was in a different time zone from most of the other outfield players. Pulis's tactics meant Rondon never flourished.

Wow I liked the Joe Jordon link. I think JJ is still about he used to follow Array about.
(06-14-2019, 09:16 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Is anybody else of the thinking that we may well have him for next sesaon? I really can't see anyone stumping up the cash when he's just got the 1 year left on his contract.

I guess if we have a chance of being promoted we might be able to convince him to stay or he'll walk for nothing if promotion doesn't look likely. One thing for certain though is that he's not the kind of player to sulk if the move doesn't happen. It'd be nice to see him play with other players around him for once rather than none within 40 yards if it happens.

Knowing our luck though he'll stay and fire us to the top of the league for some bugger to buy him on a cut price deal in January and leave us wanting for the next 6 months.

Put the glue down mate.
(06-14-2019, 11:19 AM)The Real PK Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 09:16 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Is anybody else of the thinking that we may well have him for next sesaon? I really can't see anyone stumping up the cash when he's just got the 1 year left on his contract.

I guess if we have a chance of being promoted we might be able to convince him to stay or he'll walk for nothing if promotion doesn't look likely. One thing for certain though is that he's not the kind of player to sulk if the move doesn't happen. It'd be nice to see him play with other players around him for once rather than none within 40 yards if it happens.

Knowing our luck though he'll stay and fire us to the top of the league for some bugger to buy him on a cut price deal in January and leave us wanting for the next 6 months.

Put the glue down mate.
Proper loffin ere
(06-14-2019, 09:58 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Rondon is back in SA atm, I'm sure his agent will be lining up a choice of clubs him to consider.
Newcastle - Wolves - Everton have rumored to have already enquired - the dingles apparently offering the £16.5 m release clause.
No gossip from Europe as yet, but they will be keeping tabs on events that's for sure.

Believe the 16.5m is an agreed price with Newcastle that was reduced due to the loan fee they paid. This expires end of June, so I’d expect some movement as soon as Venezuela are knocked out the Copa America..

He has a release clause of nearer 20m for the general market, but obviously if there are multiple clubs interested we could profit further.
Good luck to him whatever happens. A decent guy.
(06-14-2019, 10:05 AM)Lightnin Wrote:

Rumour is that Wolves pulled out beacuse the overall deal was too expensive for them for this particular player. That really doesn't make any sense though with what they've already been spending.

They've generally gone younger and most of the imports won't be demanding the kind of wages Rondon will. Outside the top six, he'd need to be most clubs' main striker on those wages. Not sure he would be there.

The only possibility of him staying is if his wage demands price himself out of a move and he runs down his contract.