Gary Monk gone?
(06-13-2019, 11:00 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 10:38 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Have to say I don't fully understand the love that so many have on here for Gary Monk.

Not sure that his managerial career to date has shown anything that would indicate he can manage a team to promotion. He is not a poor manager and if consolidation along with a flirtation with the play offs is your target then he's your man.

Sure he has worked under difficult circumstances at Blues, but the truth of the matter is that he managed a squad of players capable of achieving a mid table position and well achieved a mid table position.

Would he be a catastrophe if he was appointed. I suspect not. Would we win promotion under his stewardship. I suspect not. Doubt he would leave much of a footprint at the club if he was to become manager.

Bang on the money. 

I certainly see Hughton as a better option than Bilic.  Not Monk

+10000

I just don't get the attraction of Monk, achieved very little in management.
Reports that Slav has signed a 2 year contract at Albuon.
(06-13-2019, 11:16 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 10:38 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Have to say I don't fully understand the love that so many have on here for Gary Monk.

Not sure that his managerial career to date has shown anything that would indicate he can manage a team to promotion. He is not a poor manager and if consolidation along with a flirtation with the play offs is your target then he's your man.

Sure he has worked under difficult circumstances at Blues, but the truth of the matter is that he managed a squad of players capable of achieving a mid table position and well achieved a mid table position.

Would he be a catastrophe if he was appointed. I suspect not. Would we win promotion under his stewardship. I suspect not. Doubt he would leave much of a footprint at the club if he was to become manager.

Bang on the money. 

+10000

I just don't get the attraction of Monk, achieved very little in management.
Exactly

Bang on the money. 

Agree. 

Monk is a safe pair of hands who would be better at a club looking to keep afloat in this league or higher. He’s probably not the manager to win promotion.

Hughton is the promotion winner... nothing exciting, but does a job and gets the results expected.

Bilic could well be inspired or a complete disaster.
Rumour has it Blues hierarchy are not over enthused with Monks style of football or his proposed transfer targets.
(06-13-2019, 09:22 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Rumour has it Blues hierarchy are not over enthused with Monks style of football or his proposed transfer targets.

Wow! Just what do they expect?
(06-13-2019, 09:31 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 09:22 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Rumour has it Blues hierarchy are not over enthused with Monks style of football or his proposed transfer targets.

Wow! Just what do they expect?

Given these are the guys who sacked Rowett and replaced him with Zola then authorised a spending spree they couldn’t afford after giving Redknapp a huge salary I’d imagine they’re in it for the glamour
Monk has done an unbelievable job at BHam to be honest.

He managed to make Jutkiewicz look like a footballer