BBC website favouring Women's Football?
I noticed on the Beeb yesterday that when you go to the football page and have to click on 'leagues and cups' to access the Championship and other league pages  - they have decided in their wisdom to now position 'Women's Football' directly below the Premier League and above 'The Championship' and all other leagues. Have we fallen this low lol 

A mistake or more political correctness going mad!!!?
PC madness. It's been getting like this for years. For a while you see stuff like Perkins hat trick seals cup for dominant Chelsea and you then see it's Emma Perkins!
It’s because the World Cup is on. Nothing more radical than that.
(06-13-2019, 08:43 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: PC madness. It's been getting like this for years. For a while you see stuff like Perkins hat trick seals cup for dominant Chelsea and you then see it's Emma Perkins!

Yes it's every creeping you are right. I mean I think the surge in football for Women is great, but obviously this should be a separate section on the Beeb's site. Note they haven't positioned them above the Premier league of course - just above every other men's league and competition.

and another thing (I think i'm in a bad mood cos of burnt toast) - this obsessions with Liverpool they have - Prem fixture list comes out - what do they mention first - Liverpool's fixture, not who the Champions are playing arrggh.
(06-13-2019, 08:46 AM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 08:43 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: PC madness. It's been getting like this for years. For a while you see stuff like Perkins hat trick seals cup for dominant Chelsea and you then see it's Emma Perkins!

Yes it's every creeping you are right. I mean I think the surge in football for Women is great, but obviously this should be a separate section on the Beeb's site. Note they haven't positioned them above the Premier league of course - just above every other men's league and competition.

and another thing (I think i'm in a bad mood cos of burnt toast) - this obsessions with Liverpool they have - Prem fixture list comes out - what do they mention first - Liverpool's fixture, not who the Champions are playing arrggh.

[Image: old.jpg]
(06-13-2019, 08:46 AM)FenlandBoing Wrote:

Perhaps if the Championship and League 1 and 2 teams had worked harder they would be in the Prem and above the Women’s section!
The one thing i have noticed is that media outlets only run positive stories about women's football.  The incident involving Sophie Jones making monkey chants at an opponent barely featured in the press, yet if it had involved a top flight male footballer it would have been front page news ...
Wait until Fenland realises the earth is round.
(06-13-2019, 09:00 AM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 08:46 AM)Duffers Wrote: It’s because the World Cup is on. Nothing more radical than that.

Thats what I would have thought - women's World Cup finals games should be getting prominance - especially as mens domestoc and European season is over. No issue with it myself.

Aye, I really struggle to see the outrage here.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blo...ns-throats