J-Rod fee £10m
(06-13-2019, 07:59 AM)TartanRug Wrote: If he goes we've got a hell of a replacement job needed up front. Taking out Gayle, JRod and half a season of Barnes goals from the team doesn't leave us with a lot.

In Burke we trust.

Other than Barnes we’ve not had a consistent goal from midfield for 3 years now, I think this summer we have to work on finding goals throughout the team.
IMO there's no realistic offer we could receive that would be enough to let JRod go. I think the task of finding a striker that can score goals is being underestimated. Even at Champ level
Just a quick thought who are we buying who will be getting us 20+ goals this season? That's before JRod goes anywhere?
hE only ScOrEs PeNaLtIeS tHo
(06-13-2019, 08:15 AM)Dumbo Wrote: hE only ScOrEs PeNaLtIeS tHo

So did Gayle and Barnes, anyone got an idea on who are the replacements?
Unfortunately keeping JRod just doesn’t make financial sense. If we had a backer willing to underwrite a promotion push then I’d never advocate selling him, but we can get £10m for him and remove £3m a year in wages, plus no doubt a hefty loyalty increase/bonus.

Keeping him for another year will see him aged 31, with 12 months on his deal, and his value will plummet. We’d be lucky to get £3-4m for him.

We simply can’t afford to take a £10m risk for a player who scored 15 goals from open play, and we’d need to be replacing in 12 months if we got promoted.

This summer is going to be tough to watch unfortunately.
(06-13-2019, 08:34 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Unfortunately keeping JRod just doesn’t make financial sense. If we had a backer willing to underwrite a promotion push then I’d never advocate selling him, but we can get £10m for him and remove £3m a year in wages, plus no doubt a hefty loyalty increase/bonus.

Keeping him for another year will see him aged 31, with 12 months on his deal, and his value will plummet. We’d be lucky to get £3-4m for him.

We simply can’t afford to take a £10m risk for a player who scored 15 goals from open play, and we’d need to be replacing in 12 months if we got promoted.

This summer is going to be tough to watch unfortunately.

Financially your spot on, the big but is if we don't go up this season we will be adrift until we get a new owner. So if keeping JRod helps us get up we keep him. By letting him go is almost like giving up, before we have started. Are we going for promotion or not is the question tbh. The money in the bank will do what? We won't spend £10m on a proven goal scorer in all honesty. We only have so much silver to sell. I can't see the point in selling any of our better players now.

The Dowling vision of selling players at top market value is great. But someone needs to explain he needs to buy some first.
(06-13-2019, 08:11 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 07:59 AM)TartanRug Wrote: If he goes we've got a hell of a replacement job needed up front. Taking out Gayle, JRod and half a season of Barnes goals from the team doesn't leave us with a lot.

In Burke we trust.

Other than Barnes we’ve not had a consistent goal from midfield for 3 years now, I think this summer we have to work on finding goals throughout the team.

Yep absolutely, midfield needs an overhaul
(06-13-2019, 09:01 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 08:11 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

In Burke we trust.

Yep absolutely, midfield needs an overhaul

Agree.

And yes, we need to cash in on J-Rod. He's been great for us, but we need to maximise the cash inflow.
He'll be off but at least he knuckled down and worked his bollocks off for us last season. No sulking like some.

He was underappreciated at times by some of our fans I think. The players voted him player of the season as they valued the work he did off the ball as well as on the ball with the goals he provided.

If he goes to Burnley good luck to him.