Bilic talks at lawyer stage
(06-12-2019, 06:42 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Speaking of AFI, It's been five years on Friday he was appointed.

One of those "Remember where you were when it happened" moments for Albion fans.

I was at the Isle of Wight Festival. Proceeded to borrow a pen from one of the stalls and write Irvine Out on the back of my t-shirt. 
Asked pretty much everyone I saw if they knew who Alan Irvine was. When they inevitably said no, I said exactly. I took it well I thought.
(06-12-2019, 07:03 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: That moment was followed by a deluge of texts. I was in my mate Nav's back garden debating whether a BBQ was just another heat source.

Big Grin
(06-12-2019, 06:59 PM)Pipkins Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 06:45 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 06:42 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Speaking of AFI, It's been five years on Friday he was appointed.

One of those "Remember where you were when it happened" moments for Albion fans.

Announced on a sunday by the club if I recall - in the hope we'd miss it?!    Big Grin

Everyone was expecting Tim Sherwood to take the job!

Wonder if we will have another one of those moments?

Appleton announced tomorrow.   Just imagine!!  Rolleyes
(06-12-2019, 08:36 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Announced on a sunday by the club if I recall - in the hope we'd miss it?!    Big Grin

Wouldn't that be typical Albion eh!

I was driving down the M5 en route to see a mate who was living in Gloucester. We were going to have a BBQ thing, a few drinks, out to Cheltenham and I was staying over. I was probably just past Strensham Services, crossing the River Avon or thereabouts, when I heard it at halftime during the Greece v Ivory Coast match commentary. 

I almost swerved across the lanes at 70mph.
I was on my way to meet my Seal mates to watch the England game when I read on here what had happened. They had massive smiles when I turned up to the pub.

Melanie or Nicole?

My onions on Bilic as follows.

Will definitely lift the fans a bit and talks a great game. Has that bit of likeable star quality that we've not really seen since Di Matteo / Roy.

Tactically I don't think he's too savvy more of a motivator therefore I hope he gives Jimmy Shan a chance to work with him.

Will stop any bullshit from players occurring.

Probably fairly well linked up in the game so may be able to pull in some favours in the transfer market.

Not sure fire for promotion (who is?) but as mentioned it does seem there is likely a good Championship budget. Issue being is there are a few clubs to over come to get up...Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Hudds, Derby, resurgence from one of Stoke, Forest, Wednesday.

Buckle up it's going to be another roller coaster.
(06-13-2019, 07:36 AM)MGalea Wrote:

Melanie or Nicole?

Will definitely lift the fans a bit and talks a great game. Has that bit of likeable star quality that we've not really seen since Di Matteo / Roy.

Tactically I don't think he's too savvy more of a motivator therefore I hope he gives Jimmy Shan a chance to work with him.

Probably fairly well linked up in the game so may be able to pull in some favours in the transfer market.

Not sure fire for promotion (who is?) but as mentioned it does seem there is likely a good Championship budget. Issue being is there are a few clubs to over come to get up...Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Hudds, Derby, resurgence from one of Stoke, Forest, Wednesday.

Looks like we will be aiming top 6 again, and buying a ticket for the lottery.

God help us if we do go up. The Seals are about to have a reality check, and they are far better prepared financially than we could ever be.
(06-13-2019, 07:59 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 07:36 AM)MGalea Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 06:45 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Announced on a sunday by the club if I recall - in the hope we'd miss it?!    Big Grin

Melanie or Nicole?

Looks like we will be aiming top 6 again, and buying a ticket for the lottery.

God help us if we do go up. The Seals are about to have a reality check, and they are far better prepared financially than we could ever be.

Promotion doesn’t worry me. I see it as the point at which Lai sells to get his money back, and a new owner cannot surely be anything other than an improvement! 

I also think that a reversion to yo-yo years would be a positive - unless we are to go up and really give it a go to try to win games rather than to play to scrap for the odd point here and there.  I couldn’t stomach another Pulisball period....
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...ead-coach/

Announcement expected within 48 hours.

Still don't rush themselves do they Albion?  Rolleyes