Bilic talks at lawyer stage
(06-12-2019, 08:22 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 07:12 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: All I asked was we took our time, interviewed a variety of candidates and chose the guy who won through that process. We've done that, those moaning about Bilic not being a defensive coach can only complain if they didn't advocate for Smith last summer, who also can't organise a defence.

Would Bilic have been my first choice? No, that was always Hughton, but I'm happy and has my full backing, we could do with some excitement back and he wouldn't be here on peanuts and with a tiny budget. If it is true, I'm quite happy.

This. Houghton would have been a safer pair of hands, but Bilic is definitely a passionate Manager, and I'm excited to see how we line up next season, and how the style of play develops.

Not a cheap option, or one that I thought would be viable, so let's get behind him. 

Come on you Baggies.

Good post.  Would of preferred Hughton - who appears the safer/ better fit. 

Do rate Bilic though - although his record is v mixed over recent times.  Thought he would be a good option after either Pulis or Partridge (think he left WH at the same time as TP left us) 

If it is happening, let’s hope he’s got the drive, energy and skills to get us up next year
(06-12-2019, 03:19 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 08:22 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 07:12 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: All I asked was we took our time, interviewed a variety of candidates and chose the guy who won through that process. We've done that, those moaning about Bilic not being a defensive coach can only complain if they didn't advocate for Smith last summer, who also can't organise a defence.

Would Bilic have been my first choice? No, that was always Hughton, but I'm happy and has my full backing, we could do with some excitement back and he wouldn't be here on peanuts and with a tiny budget. If it is true, I'm quite happy.

This. Houghton would have been a safer pair of hands, but Bilic is definitely a passionate Manager, and I'm excited to see how we line up next season, and how the style of play develops.

Not a cheap option, or one that I thought would be viable, so let's get behind him. 

Come on you Baggies.

Good post.  Would of preferred Hughton - who appears the safer/ better fit. 

Do rate Bilic though - although his record is v mixed over recent times.  Thought he would be a good option after either Pulis or Partridge (think he left WH at the same time as TP left us) 

If it is happening, let’s hope he’s got the drive, energy and skills to get us up next year

I think he may have the drive and energy, I'm not convinced about his skills  - management wise.  He seems an all round good guy though and should have a point to prove. He strikes me as being like a comet, he'll zoom through and whether successful or not, it won't be dull and won't last particularly long. I'm hoping we keep Shan and the gang (sod the one who has defected to villa), in place behind the scenes. If we do appoint Bilic, I'm hoping Wilder signs a new contract to keep him in the Premier League and out of this division as we really should then have the means to overcome most of the sides in it.
Bilic is a  more exciting appointment - if it is him. 

More risky than Hughton yes but it's fascinating to think what might happen. 

I think this automatically raises the profile of the club to a different level and if we play some good stuff we could become the darlings of the gutter press as he's very popular.
(06-12-2019, 01:26 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 07:23 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 05:07 AM)Poppy’s dad Wrote:
Andy Carroll anyone ?

Someone on Sports Babble suggested this, could be their version of Ziz mind.   Rolleyes

[Image: avatar_1563.png?dateline=1560181295]

Phil Penn [Image: buddy_offline.png] 
[Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png]

Billic is rumored to be struggling with the budget restrictions and his early reported targets all West Ham - Byram (as RB) looks OK Broune (Mid) looks OK / but the mention of Andy Carroll doesn't inspire me at all. If he came we best get the Hydropool ready.

Cant see what's wrong with that chaps opinion not everyone who posts stuff is a potential Ziz(whoever the fugg he is) don't get the obsession with Ziz by some on here or am I missing something??

Absolutely correct, nothing wrong with that chap's opinion at all, & I'm pretty sure, that I never said, or even intimated that there was.
I was merely pointing out to Poppy' Dad, that he wasn't the only one suggesting Andy Carroll.
In fact, most of that chap's post wasn't about opinion at all, it was just a report of four rumours, hence my reference to the unmentionable, apologies if that caused offence.
(06-12-2019, 04:23 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Bilic is a  more exciting appointment - if it is him. 

More risky than Hughton yes but it's fascinating to think what might happen. 

I think this automatically raises the profile of the club to a different level and if we play some good stuff we could become the darlings of the gutter press as he's very popular.

+1
I’m reasonably happy if it’s Bilic, lot better than some of the names mentioned recently.
(06-12-2019, 04:47 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 01:26 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 07:23 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 05:07 AM)Poppy’s dad Wrote:
Andy Carroll anyone ?

Someone on Sports Babble suggested this, could be their version of Ziz mind.   Rolleyes

[Image: avatar_1563.png?dateline=1560181295]

Phil Penn [Image: buddy_offline.png] 
[Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png]

Billic is rumored to be struggling with the budget restrictions and his early reported targets all West Ham - Byram (as RB) looks OK Broune (Mid) looks OK / but the mention of Andy Carroll doesn't inspire me at all. If he came we best get the Hydropool ready.

Cant see what's wrong with that chaps opinion not everyone who posts stuff is a potential Ziz(whoever the fugg he is) don't get the obsession with Ziz by some on here or am I missing something??

Absolutely correct, nothing wrong with that chap's opinion at all, & I'm pretty sure, that I never said, or even intimated that there was.
I was merely pointing out to Poppy' Dad, that he wasn't the only one suggesting Andy Carroll.
In fact, most of that chap's post wasn't about opinion at all, it was just a report of four rumours, hence my reference to the unmentionable, apologies if that caused offence.

No apologies needed Psalm we're all entitled to an opinion that's what the bored is  for and I may have miss interpreted your post so apologies for that , its I just don't get this ZIZ thing what's he done to warrant an almost compulsory mention in each thread by people on here genuine question as was before my time whatever it was and i'm sure I am not the only one who gets tired of it.
(06-12-2019, 05:19 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 04:47 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Absolutely correct, nothing wrong with that chap's opinion at all, & I'm pretty sure, that I never said, or even intimated that there was.

No apologies needed Psalm we're all entitled to an opinion that's what the bored is  for and I may have miss interpreted your post so apologies for that , its I just don't get this ZIZ thing what's he done to warrant an almost compulsory mention in each thread by people on here genuine question as was before my time whatever it was and i'm sure I am not the only one who gets tired of it.

O/K mate, no problem.
Once you have a bad name on here your done for I should know .
(06-12-2019, 05:42 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote: I see online the Sun says 50 year old has agreed personal terms and they are talking about backroom staff now before signing contracts... makes me feel old seeing headlines reported that way, as i realise the experienced manager reported is younger than me.

AFI has just turned 50
(06-12-2019, 05:47 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 05:42 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote: I see online the Sun says 50 year old has agreed personal terms and they are talking about backroom staff now before signing contracts... makes me feel old seeing headlines reported that way, as i realise the experienced manager reported is younger than me.

AFI has just turned 50

That’s what the clock watching was all about.