Chernobyl
Must say this 5 part drama is one of the best shows I've watched 

If you haven't seen it, its the story of the disaster of 1986

Thankfully its British made with a British cast 

So none of your American hotties with perfect teeth saving the world bollocks

It was on Sky Atlantic but can be downloaded from other sources Rolleyes

The BBC should buy the rights to broadcast over Xmas as it would be a huge ratings hit for them
#Meltdown
(06-08-2019, 01:47 PM)Pipkins Wrote: Must say this 5 part drama is one of the best shows I've watched 

The BBC should buy the rights to broadcast over Xmas as it would be a huge ratings hit for them

That's never gonna happen, it's a Sky Original in association with HBO.
(06-08-2019, 01:47 PM)Pipkins Wrote: Must say this 5 part drama is one of the best shows I've watched 

+1 great tv. Final episode was superb
Excellent show.
Watched the first 2 episodes this morning whilst sweating off a hangover, before the cricket came on.

The fact the cast isn’t full of beautiful Americans definitely adds to the realism!
I actually went to Pripyat in 2009.  Barring Auschwitz, it's the most eerie place i've ever been to.  Really brings home how, ultimately, it's going to be man that eventually destroys this planet.
(06-08-2019, 03:53 PM)WWHO Wrote: I actually went to Pripyat in 2009.  Barring Auschwitz, it's the most eerie place i've ever been to.  Really brings home how, ultimately, it's going to be man that eventually destroys this planet.

They also say the fact nature has reclaimed the area so well proves the environment is much better when mankind are nowhere near.
(06-08-2019, 03:57 PM)coxy134 Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 03:53 PM)WWHO Wrote: I actually went to Pripyat in 2009.  Barring Auschwitz, it's the most eerie place i've ever been to.  Really brings home how, ultimately, it's going to be man that eventually destroys this planet.

They also say the fact nature has reclaimed the area so well proves the environment is much better when mankind are nowhere near.

Yeah, when i went there was a team of Argentinean scientists who had released a herd of horses into a controlled area in order to study the impact radiation had on them.  They (the horses) actually flourished in what was considered a hostile environment.

There's a lot of older locals who returned to the exclusion zone as well.

None of this stopped me dumping my clothes in Kiev before i returned home.  Better safe than sorry.
(06-08-2019, 02:04 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:

That's never gonna happen, it's a Sky Original in association with HBO.

That's correct
But broadcasters do buy the rights to show each others shows & sell to one another
Would all depend on the price of course
Brillaint show...shot with some verve and class. I really liked the sub plot about the animal cull and the three men wandering arround with WWII (or 'Great Patriotic War if your russian) rifles. The shot of the dieing cows eye all with the reflected lights in it, a cool nod to the Russian classic 'Come and see'.

But the main action is just brillaint . Such a well told story . No stupid accented english either. Which is always just silly.