Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I dreaming or is this Trump soap opera real?
(01-12-2017, 09:19 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
spandaubaggie Wrote:
fuzzbox Wrote:The worrying/interesting thing is that pretty well everything came out BEFORE he was elected

sexist comments
Racist comments
court cases alleging racist business practices (found guilty)
corporate bankruptcy (more than once) 
corporate fraud (Trump University)
reliance on foreign money to avoid personal bankruptcy (including Russia)
Non-payment of bills

Public statements that were known to be lies when he made them.
Non-disclosure of tax
Failing previous presidents financial impartiality measures

Would the knowledge he (was) pissed on (by)  a prostitute really make much of a difference?
I think something will happen to make him resign. I don't think he wants the job or even feels capable. I expect he will not last and really can even see someone trying to assassinate him before long.

He won't resign, he loves it. I don't think he functions like normal people/politicians, he doesn't feel any shame for his scandals (growing up a billionaire will do that) and certainly won't feel compelled to quit over any of them, he doesn't give a fuck. He's basically a spoilt, petulant child who has been given the most powerful position on Earth. Look at how he takes to Twitter to slag off anyone who criticises him (Meryl Streep this week), it's hardly presidential behaviour.

It's more crazy dictator like. He could be the bad guy in an Austin Powers movie.
In the form of his life.
The question you must ask yourself is:
"Are you not entertained"?
That is all that matters.
(01-12-2017, 09:42 AM)Pneumann Wrote: The question you must ask yourself is:
"Are you not entertained"?
That is all that matters.

He's a dick. But entertaining faw shaw.
(01-12-2017, 09:19 AM)Duffmon Wrote: He won't resign, he loves it. I don't think he functions like normal people/politicians, he doesn't feel any shame for his scandals (growing up a billionaire will do that) and certainly won't feel compelled to quit over any of them, he doesn't give a fuck. He's basically a spoilt, petulant child who has been given the most powerful position on Earth. Look at how he takes to Twitter to slag off anyone who criticises him (Meryl Streep this week), it's hardly presidential behaviour.

After Mama Mia she deserves pelters, FWIW worth.
(01-12-2017, 09:56 AM)Fido Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 09:19 AM)Duffmon Wrote: He won't resign, he loves it. I don't think he functions like normal people/politicians, he doesn't feel any shame for his scandals (growing up a billionaire will do that) and certainly won't feel compelled to quit over any of them, he doesn't give a fuck. He's basically a spoilt, petulant child who has been given the most powerful position on Earth. Look at how he takes to Twitter to slag off anyone who criticises him (Meryl Streep this week), it's hardly presidential behaviour.

After Mama Mia she deserves pelters, FWIW worth.
Didn't she slag off a huge chunk of the country by sneering at Football and MMA?
(01-12-2017, 08:41 AM)belfastbaggie Wrote: Suddenly David Icke starts to make sense....

Big Grin

Thats the worrying thing though!
Is no one else finding all of this absolutely fucking hilarious? Twitter spats with the Mexican President and various Hollywood actors, pissing prostitutes etc. It's some craic.

I know it's pretty serious stuff, before anyone starts, but you've just gotta laugh at this type of thing IMO. There's not exactly a huge amount we can do about it.
Malcolm Tucker Wrote:Is no one else finding all of this absolutely fucking hilarious? Twitter spats with the Mexican President and various Hollywood actors, pissing prostitutes etc. It's some craic.

I know it's pretty serious stuff, before anyone starts, but you've just gotta laugh at this type of thing IMO. There's not exactly a huge amount we can do about it.

It is pretty funny, like a more extreme version of what would happen if Boris became PM.
(01-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Is no one else finding all of this absolutely fucking hilarious? Twitter spats with the Mexican President and various Hollywood actors, pissing prostitutes etc. It's some craic.

It's refreshing (in some ways, I hasten to add) to see someone in a senior position who doesn't really give a fugg about what people think of them. And I think this is one of the major reasons why he got elected. The likes of Clinton are career diplomats who have spent years talking without really getting a whole lot of things done for fear of stepping on others' pinkies. Similar to Johnson's comment about "Self Pity City" he will have fugged off an entire city but would have got support ten-fold for just saying what many people think. But the issue lies in the fact that although we need people like this to come along once in a while to shake things up it doesn't always quite go the way we want it to. But then that's how it goes when you roll the dice, I suppose.
[Image: 96-9627-7BYE500Z.jpg?ch=775&cw=775&type=cns]