83 days
83 days without a head coach and still counting!
Better than 83 days with the wrong man
Don’t care as long as we get it right.
The facts as I see them.

I don't think anyone would have come in and done a better job than Shan. Graham Scott did for us. No, I am not sorry we didn't pay stupid money for Jokanovic.

The club need to explore all options with all available candidates. This is the biggest appointment we can make and it needs to be the right person for the job.

I know that #wba on Twitter and elsewhere is full of silly boys of all ages doing Dynasty-level drama queening about the club and making fools of themselves, but the facts remain.

I honestly suspect some of them want the club to fail, so that they can have a plausible excuse to then support another team.
(05-31-2019, 09:46 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Better than 83 days with the wrong man

Spot on.
Clarnet v2.0
(05-31-2019, 09:55 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 09:46 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Better than 83 days with the wrong man

Spot on.

+ Lots.   Cool
Utterly ridiculous. 

Nearly every other club - when they sack a manager - have a number one choice and go for it.   

Surely after the Leeds defeat they must have known they were going to sack him if we didn't trounce Ipswich so they had plenty of time to draw up a shortlist.  Incompetent buffoons!

Bruce was sacked on 3 Oct, Smith appointed on 10th.
(05-31-2019, 10:34 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Utterly ridiculous. 

Nearly every other club - when they sack a manager - have a number one choice and go for it.   

Surely after the Leeds defeat they must have known they were going to sack him if we didn't trounce Ipswich so they had plenty of time to draw up a shortlist.  Incompetent buffoons!

Bruce was sacked on 3 Oct, Smith appointed on 10th.

The key word in that is October. Near the start of the season. We were in the play-offs at the end of the season and a good manager for the PL is very different to a good manager for the Championship.
Remind me! Why do we need a head coach?
This thread sounds like a hook for debate on the Paul Franks show to get angry of Tipton to pick up the phone. It's a thread designed to purely spit more bile at those at the top without any intelligent debate.
It's not as simple as this. As the wise words go: "Act in haste, repent at leisure."
In those seemingly rudderless 83 days we got an interim head coach who did a fine job.
I think if we don't have a coach in by the end of June then it's a problem, but fully suspect we will.