Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World's best referee appointed for today's game...
Heart 
Clattenburg taking charge!
Oh ffs!

Hopefully he is fucking off to China soon and his ego can go with him.
Its really hard to pick a decent referee out of the shower we've got. One thing is for sure, if there was a worlds best ref prize (and not this dubious one) , he certainly wouldn't be English. Virtually every European game I see tends to have better and more consistant referees.
(01-02-2017, 01:26 PM)swordfish Wrote: Its really hard to pick a decent referee out of the shower we've got. One thing is for sure, if there was a worlds best ref prize (and not this dubious one) , he certainly wouldn't be English. Virtually every European game I see tends to have better and more consistant referees.

I disagree with your comment in every way imaginable. I find continental referees horrifically inconsistent bar the Netherlands
(01-02-2017, 01:36 PM)BoringBaggie Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 01:26 PM)swordfish Wrote: Its really hard to pick a decent referee out of the shower we've got. One thing is for sure, if there was a worlds best ref prize (and not this dubious one) , he certainly wouldn't be English. Virtually every European game I see tends to have better and more consistant referees.

I disagree with your comment in every way imaginable. I find continental referees horrifically inconsistent bar the Netherlands

.......as opposed to our wonderfully consistant bunch?????
(01-02-2017, 01:40 PM)swordfish Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 01:36 PM)BoringBaggie Wrote:

.......as opposed to our wonderfully consistant bunch?????

I'm not saying ours are perfect but I'd much rather Clattenburg or Dean to anyone from Spain, France and Germany.
I think the game has moved to such a pace now that it's difficult to expect any one ref to mange to get everything right. With more and more managersfocusing on loopholes and pushing the laws as far as they can the job is only getting more difficult.

The sooner technology is allowed to help them out, the better. There's too much money at stake now to rely on one guy's judgment.
All I know is that during the Euros there were very few games where I thought the result was influenced by poor refereeing decisions. This made me think, rightly or wrongly, that the standard of referees abroad was fairly decent.

Then back to the Premier League, first game of the season, Shawcross sneezes and.....penalty!  Big Grin

Seriously though, as soon as the new season started it seemed that match after match was being decided by poor decisions - and no, I'm not blaming our season on that. We've largely been shit. I'm referring to games throughout the league.

Players appealing everything like a group of children doesn't help matters either. I'm all in favour of only captains being able to speak to the ref, and video replays for the fourth assistant.
In the form of his life.
(01-02-2017, 01:26 PM)swordfish Wrote: Its really hard to pick a decent referee out of the shower we've got.

[Image: 345020_1.jpg]