Brexit Party
(06-16-2019, 01:16 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I define working class you going into your local after work in your work gear and others are doing the same and not feeling that your a scruff and others are not turning their noses up at you .....most use the bar anyhow .

Depends.  When I was in my scruff (coaldust and shit from foundry or clay and shit from brick factory) I would not want to contaminate "civilians" out of consideration.   Some pubs' bars were OK if most folk were from the same work place(s) but it's not one size fits all.  When I was in light fabrication on the shop floor we never got too messy so we were equivalent to civilians.  It's about consideration and respect.  They are working class virtues as my dad taught me (or belted the shit out of me).
(06-17-2019, 08:30 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 12:28 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I don't define working class on your job its what company you keep and mostly like yourself .  Don't like  people who look down on you because of status there are a few on here who think they are above everyone else .

I don’t look down on anyone based on what they do but what they say and do and the same on here. I do however play to pre-conceived perceptions of me just for fun  Big Grin

For example I have a completely different view on the world than you so I respond in that manner. We could be more respectful of each other’s views but where’s the fun in that?
As Stalin might have said, “we could have more respect for others right to life and liberty but where’s the fun in that”!  Angel
(06-17-2019, 10:36 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 12:28 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I don't define working class on your job its what company you keep and mostly like yourself .  Don't like  people who look down on you because of status there are a few on here who think they are above everyone else .

I don’t look down on anyone based on what they do but what they say and do and the same on here. I do however play to pre-conceived perceptions of me just for fun  Big Grin

For example I have a completely different view on the world than you so I respond in that manner. We could be more respectful of each other’s views but where’s the fun in that?
As Stalin might have said, “we could have more respect for others right to life and liberty but where’s the fun in that”!  Angel

People can have any opinions they like that’s absolutely fine but I don't have to respect them or their opinions. For example I’m sure some would argue that a lack of funding for disabled childrens hospices from the government is acceptable. Now I could be polite and say I disagree but respect their opinion but I think it’s more honest to say they are c**nts who support c**nts!
(06-17-2019, 11:10 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

People can have any opinions they like that’s absolutely fine but I don't have to respect them or their opinions. For example I’m sure some would argue that a lack of funding for disabled childrens hospices from the government is acceptable. Now I could be polite and say I disagree but respect their opinion but I think it’s more honest to say they are c**nts who support c**nts!
What like Corbyn supporting the IRA yes anyone who supports him is a cunt
(06-17-2019, 08:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 11:10 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

What like Corbyn supporting the IRA yes anyone who supports him is a cunt

As insightful end accurate as ever.