Brexit Party
(06-07-2019, 03:35 PM)dryrun Wrote: It wasn't an item for praise, merely an observation as is clear from the context in which it was used.

I don't think the Brexit Party is racist, but you've transformed the question. Those people are claiming that the party is racist, which is different from whether this one individual has openly displayed these values or done something controversial on social media.
(06-07-2019, 03:27 PM)dryrun Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 03:25 PM)Winst_Baggie Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:44 PM)dryrun Wrote: Some Labour MPs (Lammy, Charalambous, McDonnell amongst others) have been Tweeting about the rejection of a racist party, bigots, etc.

Owen Jones has Tweeted that 'An army of hope' saw-off The Brexit Party.

Femi Oluwole, the man who has manufactured a public persona on social media and who thinks what is quite an average law degree makes him an expert on EU matters, also celebrates the Labour win.

Meanwhile, Margaret Hodge wants the winning candidate to have the whip removed already, Jess Phillips has also Tweeted that she cannot be grateful or proud and laments what the Party has become.

Yet it is a victory over bigotry, apparently, to some. AFAIK, no-one has found anything untoward in the views of the Brexit Party candidate, or his social media.

Strange times we're in.

The Brexit Party is Bigoted and Racist - Can't see how anybody can argue otherwise.

The Labour party are as well for that matter.

Let's see your evidence for that, not least as being as its MEPs double the number of BME people in that 'parliament'. Tell us how many Commissioners have ever been BME whilst you're at it.

Ann Widdecombe - she’s a great ambassador for Brexit Party. 
The fact that Farage is actively trying to join Le Penn and Salvini openly racist group at the EU.

Great bunch of people...
(06-07-2019, 04:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:44 PM)dryrun Wrote: Some Labour MPs (Lammy, Charalambous, McDonnell amongst others) have been Tweeting about the rejection of a racist party, bigots, etc.

Femi Oluwole, the man who has manufactured a public persona on social media and who thinks what is quite an average law degree makes him an expert on EU matters, also celebrates the Labour win.

Meanwhile, Margaret Hodge wants the winning candidate to have the whip removed already, Jess Phillips has also Tweeted that she cannot be grateful or proud and laments what the Party has become.

Yet it is a victory over bigotry, apparently, to some. AFAIK, no-one has found anything untoward in the views of the Brexit Party candidate, or his social media.

Strange times we're in.

The Brexit Party is Bigoted and Racist - Can't see how anybody can argue otherwise.

Let's see your evidence for that, not least as being as its MEPs double the number of BME people in that 'parliament'. Tell us how many Commissioners have ever been BME whilst you're at it.

The fact that Farage is actively trying to join Le Penn and Salvini openly racist group at the EU.

Great bunch of people...
Meanwhile the labour leader has attended memorials for members of different terrorist groups and has his party investigated for anti semitism by the EHCR.
Brexit Party are racist. All racists will be voting/have voted for them. Not everyone who votes Brexit it racist , of course, but I'd imagine the average voter is hardly a liberal or left type.

I'd also wager a few white, angry working & lower middle class blokes who read a lot about WW2 stories in Daily Mail supplements vote for them. And their wives. The sort who claim victimisation to mask their own failures or perceived failures, or envy that an immigrant has the gall to earn more than they do.

As well as a few people who feel forgotten by the [politicians they've voted for , for a long time.
(06-09-2019, 07:41 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Brexit Party are racist. All racists will be voting/have voted for them. Not everyone who votes Brexit it racist , of course, but I'd imagine the average voter is hardly a liberal or left type.

I'd also wager a few white, angry working & lower middle class  blokes who read a lot about WW2 stories in Daily Mail supplements vote for them. And their wives. The sort who claim victimisation to mask their own failures or perceived failures, or envy that an immigrant has the gall to earn more than they do.

As well as a few people who feel forgotten by the [politicians they've voted for , for a long time.

Ouch but the truth hurts  Cool

Yes how early are you!
(06-09-2019, 07:41 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Brexit Party are racist. All racists will be voting/have voted for them. Not everyone who votes Brexit it racist , of course, but I'd imagine the average voter is hardly a liberal or left type.

I'd also wager a few white, angry working & lower middle class  blokes who read a lot about WW2 stories in Daily Mail supplements vote for them. And their wives. The sort who claim victimisation to mask their own failures or perceived failures, or envy that an immigrant has the gall to earn more than they do.

I don't think its the Brexit party being investigated by the EHRC for racism.
You can make all the silly sterotypes you like, its such a simple gane to play.
I'd wager a lot of white, liberal, middle class tits who know nothing about the lives of working peple now vote labour. I'd also wager that there are ISIS and IRA sympathisers and people with no intention of doing a days work who vote labour. 
How do you feel about a convicted electoral fraudster bieng involved in helping labour in the recent Peterborough by election? Its not like Labour don't have form for manipulating the postal vote.
(06-07-2019, 07:28 PM)Sotv Wrote:

Strange times we're in.

Great bunch of people...
Meanwhile the labour leader has attended memorials for members of different terrorist groups and has his party investigated for anti semitism by the EHCR.

Quite right - The Labour Party under comrade Corbyn are an utter disgrace.

Not right to assume that just because I disagree with Brexit, and have called the Brexit party out for being racist, I am some sort of Corbyn loving lefty.

In-fact that's just as lazy as people lumping you in with all rightwing thick, little-Englander racist brexiteers?
(06-13-2019, 03:47 PM)Winst_Baggie Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 07:28 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 03:25 PM)Winst_Baggie Wrote: The Brexit Party is Bigoted and Racist - Can't see how anybody can argue otherwise.

Great bunch of people...

Quite right - The Labour Party under comrade Corbyn are an utter disgrace.

Not right to assume that just because I disagree with Brexit, and have called the Brexit party out for being racist, I am some sort of Corbyn loving lefty.

In-fact that's just as lazy as people lumping you in with all rightwing thick, little-Englander racist brexiteers?

you would have a good point if were replying to you or if i'd mentioned you as a labour voter, i did neither.
(06-12-2019, 03:43 PM)Sotv Wrote:

I'd wager a lot of white, liberal, middle class tits who know nothing about the lives of working peple now vote labour. I'd also wager that there are ISIS and IRA sympathisers and people with no intention of doing a days work who vote labour. 
How do you feel about a convicted electoral fraudster bieng involved in helping labour in the recent Peterborough by election? Its not like Labour don't have form for manipulating the postal vote.
just out of interest, who do you define as middle class? People born into a certain level of wealth? Someone who doesn't need to work for comfortable lifestyle but chooses to? Landed gentry? Or purely on a certain level of income?
(06-14-2019, 06:36 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 03:43 PM)Sotv Wrote:

just out of interest, who do you define as middle class? People born into a certain level of wealth? Someone who doesn't need to work for comfortable lifestyle but chooses to? Landed gentry? Or purely on a certain level of income?
I think it’s mainly about property ownership and values nowadays. I consider myself as lower middle class, own property, live in a nice area, put a big value on education etc but then I know people who earn more than me but are definitely more working class. 
It’s the hypocrisy of the middle class liberals who virtue signal how open they are yet detest working class culture when they encounter it anywhere other than in the guardian or a book. As an example I worked with this guy from Winchester who was always banging on about how he was a liberal and how we should help the working class. In the next breath he would refer to football fans as mindless idiots and look down his nose what I would consider ordinary people. I suppose it’s the patronising attitude and sense of superiority that pisses a lot of people off