Eu election results tonight
Tories and Labour are going to get massacred serves them right useless bunch of fuckwits
(05-26-2019, 12:55 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Tories and Labour are going to get massacred serves them right useless bunch of fuckwits

Yeah the people want it dead ard! Give it em gud and propa Nige!
Labour getting battered by their supporters switching to the Brexit Party or the Lentil munchers Party in the north. The Tories getting battered everywhere for failing to deliver Brexit
So all this tells us is the country is still completely split,who would have thought it?!?!
(05-26-2019, 11:09 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: So all this tells us is the country is still completely split,who would have thought it?!?!

Yep, changes nothing, though it will probably affect the Conservative leadership contest.
Read independent analysis by John Curtice. Seems like 40 35 on remaining. Hard to gauge full opinion, but I know 4 people who voted leave who feels that it was a mistake. This seems in line with this.
(05-27-2019, 08:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Read independent analysis by John Curtice. Seems like 40 35 on remaining. Hard to gauge full opinion, but I know 4 people who voted leave who feels that it was a mistake. This seems in line with this.

Which is why the Tory right are trying to force through a no deal despite knowing the economic difficulties that will bring. I hope if it comes to that it’s the final nail in a vulgar, grasping, self centred, egotistical, uncaring, obtuse party for the few Tory Party.
(05-27-2019, 08:34 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Read independent analysis by John Curtice. Seems like 40 35 on remaining. Hard to gauge full opinion, but I know 4 people who voted leave who feels that it was a mistake. This seems in line with this.

I think that's 40% for an unequivocal remain vote among the parties so committed.  If you divvy up the votes for Labour and the Tories (and put the UKIP vote to Leave) it would probably weigh in favour of Leave (there ARE Tory-voting Remainers - the membership are mainly doddering Empire nutters who are nevertheless still too young to be aware of Suez).  If it were a true referendum again, a good many the non-voters would  vote.  I'd bet on Remain but it would still be a gamble.
All this has shown is that the country is still extremely polarised.
Note how the BBC and Sky are aggregating the votes of parties that want a 2nd referendum and those that want pure remain for a 'remain' total % of votes. But they are only counting votes for 'Leave with no deal' parties as the % of voters who want to leave.

If they are aggregating broad remain parties together, they need to aggregate broad leave parties together and add the Tories' % to the Brexit Party and UKIP's total.

That gives 44% leave to 40% remain. Labour is all over the place and can't be placed in either.

As things stand remain parties got 8m or so votes.

Doesn't really outweigh 17.4m...