How much would Lai realistically sell us for in the Championship
Our fans put in around £8M, based on 18,000 season tickets. A bit of ancillaries etc. Once the parachutes drop we will see turnover of around £20M tops. If we are to be self sufficient, that will give an average weekly wage of approx £15K. Nice money, but peanuts for a footballer. Villa can probably afford to pay c£25K a week on average if they don't go up, and FFP is observed.

Lai maintained from the start he would not change his business model, and I haven't seen anywhere direct quotes from him or the club to suggest that he plans to invest any further funds into the club. Even if he wanted to, FFP would massively restrict the amount of investment moving forward.
(05-16-2019, 01:07 PM)Halfordlaner Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:47 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: When you think of the 10 or 20m fans put in every season, a decently organised 5 year fundraising strategy we could buy the club ourselves if it's still out of the Prem

I'm not against Fan ownership. Least we'd be making the right calls on appointments and key decisions. Something these idiots can't do. Lai has no Footballing background, and appointed a finance director Jenkins to over see these decisions. Accident waiting to happen. Dowling cocked up last window, should be sacked.

In what way did Dowling cock up the last transfer window? What budget was he given? What players did Moore want (within that budget) and didn’t get?

Dowling is unproven and the jury is out, but we simply don’t know what mandate and budget he was given and he can only surely be judged against those.
(05-16-2019, 01:08 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 01:04 PM)The Real PK Wrote: Welcome, new poster.

He's already been banned twice registering under the same IP but here he is again  Rolleyes

Fucking pathetic ay it. They don't even try these days.
(05-16-2019, 01:14 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 01:08 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 01:04 PM)The Real PK Wrote: Welcome, new poster.

He's already been banned twice registering under the same IP but here he is again  Rolleyes

Which of our beloved regulars is this then?

One of the brothers Grimm.
In the form of his life.
Not me I'm still in the viewing gallery.
(05-16-2019, 01:45 PM)Black penny Wrote: Not me I'm still in the viewing gallery.

Jump
(05-16-2019, 01:46 PM)The Real PK Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 01:45 PM)Black penny Wrote: Not me I'm still in the viewing gallery.

Jump

Boing - how's the chucking going?
So Wikipedia has his net wealth at £3.4 billion. I've seen nothing anywhere to confirm this. How do they know he is worth that. We've seen nothing from him yet to suggest he's going to have a good go at establishing us as aclub. Wish he's sell up and Feck off...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lai_Guochuan
(05-16-2019, 01:58 PM)Halfordlaner Wrote: So Wikipedia has his net wealth at £3.4 billion. I've seen nothing anywhere to confirm this. How do they know he is worth that. We've seen nothing from him yet to suggest he's going to have a good go at establishing us as aclub. Wish he's sell up and Feck off...

You've been outed.

Shut the fuck up.
44-45 you'd pass him off for being 15-16 lol ?

(05-16-2019, 01:59 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 01:58 PM)Halfordlaner Wrote: So Wikipedia has his net wealth at £3.4 billion. I've seen nothing anywhere to confirm this. How do they know he is worth that. We've seen nothing from him yet to suggest he's going to have a good go at establishing us as aclub. Wish he's sell up and Feck off...

You've been outed.

Shut the fuck up.
Nice language  Dodgy  And no I won't.