Who will be this summer's Foster
Dowling is good a getting rid of people.
(05-15-2019, 06:56 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Dowling is good a getting rid of people.

Like,
JRod if we appoint Hughton!!!!

Unless we appoint Chris Coleman on the cheap!!!
Whatever happens we need to lower the average age of the squad.

Need more players in that 22-27 age bracket.

Need to also consider players who we can purchase with an eye to a future profit.
I think Gibbs and/Or Phillips could go when we would like/hope for them to stay

Cuzer
Need to be getting rid of the likes of Livermore and Kanu absolute Deadwood
(05-15-2019, 06:01 PM)Albion Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 03:42 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Matt Phillips posted on instagram last night that he's 'proud to be part of this team and club.'

He's definitely off!!  Big Grin

Hasn’t agreed to sign a new contract. Believe he was offered one around he time of Livermore according to local media. Has 12 months remaining on deal. I’d accept £10m personally. This Summer it’s important we allow players to leave and not price them out of moves.

Especially if their contracts are running down. It is important we recycle cash
(05-15-2019, 04:10 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 03:57 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: So many predict a huge exodus, but generally these never manifest.
The biggest blessing has been Rondon's form at Newcastle. His sale should help finance the rebuild.

I agree Spandau.There were very few bids for our players last summer, and many haven't covered themselves in glory this season.

I'd expect proper bids for Rodriguez and Rondon.

Good chance of an acceptable bid for Gibbs, though not certain. Likewise Hegazi (brilliant in the two play off games, but goes wondering a lot and very dodgy in the prem IMO). Dawson god knows, it seems Burnley's interest had gone by January according to reports).

I suspect there'll be very little interest in Livermore (he's bang average), nor Phlllips (streaky, injured, keeps getting relegated).

We may well have Livermore, Phllips, Robson Kanu, SJ, and one of Dawson/Hegazi/Gibbs. Then naturally its crucial how well we use the money from the sales of JRod/Rondon and the others sold, to build a team from that.

All guesswork obviously and dependent on whether any prem teams happen to fancy some of these players.

Desperately hoping the Robson-Kanu lump is out of the door in the summer.
(05-15-2019, 09:46 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 04:10 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 03:57 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: So many predict a huge exodus, but generally these never manifest.
The biggest blessing has been Rondon's form at Newcastle. His sale should help finance the rebuild.

I agree Spandau.There were very few bids for our players last summer, and many haven't covered themselves in glory this season.

I'd expect proper bids for Rodriguez and Rondon.

Good chance of an acceptable bid for Gibbs, though not certain. Likewise Hegazi (brilliant in the two play off games, but goes wondering a lot and very dodgy in the prem IMO). Dawson god knows, it seems Burnley's interest had gone by January according to reports).

I suspect there'll be very little interest in Livermore (he's bang average), nor Phlllips (streaky, injured, keeps getting relegated).

We may well have Livermore, Phllips, Robson Kanu, SJ, and one of Dawson/Hegazi/Gibbs. Then naturally its crucial how well we use the money from the sales of JRod/Rondon and the others sold, to build a team from that.

All guesswork obviously and dependent on whether any prem teams happen to fancy some of these players.

Desperately hoping the Robson-Kanu lump is out of the door in the summer.

He will be captain next season
4 out i reckon, No more than that as we have to fill the loanees gap and the few frees. I would not be surprised if we signed Holgate and Tosin, should the new bloke want them.