Hughton talks next week
Hughton would be a very good appointment. The clubs he’s managed all have a glass ceilings and any manager after three or four years these days will more than likely move on.
Really don't want him it will end up like pulis with a very divided fan base .
(05-15-2019, 10:47 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Hughton would be a very good appointment. The clubs he’s managed all have a glass ceilings and any manager after three or four years these days will more than likely move on.

Agree he's what we need and if we're looking to do something quickly all the better. He did annoy us over the BOng incident but he was just looking after his players and clubs interest I wouldn't care about that and him coming.

We have a glass ceiling too it'd be great if we hit it.
(05-15-2019, 10:49 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Really don't want him it will end up like pulis with a very divided fan base .

I don’t think he’s anything like Pulis to be honest.
(05-15-2019, 10:52 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 10:49 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Really don't want him it will end up like pulis with a very divided fan base .

I don’t think he’s anything like Pulis to be honest.

He's nowhere near as bad as Pulis, I really don't know where some people get their ideas. He's pragmatic but he's no Pulis.
Don't want Hughton and his entourage of staff.

Lee Johnson is the man - young and hungry. His Bristol side play some brilliant pressing football on a proper budget.
Hughton would be a fine choice.
Always struck me as more Roy than Pulis. Pragmatic football but well structured. Also, his Championship sides have been a lot more adventurous (his Newcastle side got near 100 points the season we came 2nd with 91 under RDM). And his Brighton side were adventurous when winning promotion a couple of seasons ago. Did a very good job at Blues too.
(05-15-2019, 10:56 AM)brada_wba Wrote: Don't want Hughton and his entourage of staff.

Lee Johnson is the man - young and hungry. His Bristol side play some brilliant pressing football on a proper budget.

And have never reached the play-offs.

We need a pragmatic manager to guide us out of this division, and I think Hughton would be a good choice.
Just had a look at Nice and Viera.

If you think Houghton is Pulis-esque check out their goals For and against this season!

P 36 F 28 A 32 difference -4. Average of 0.77 goals scored a game! Riveting!

Worth noting they lost 3-0 to PSG at one point.

I suppose the attraction of Big Pat is that he has connections with City and should have a good knowledge of some bargins in France.