Ollie Burke today
(02-12-2019, 09:34 AM)brada_wba Wrote: No reason why he can't play as a CF for us next year and be a Lidl Jamie Vardy. He will get goals as he's so fast.

Has all the attributes bar the heart.

No brain either...
(02-12-2019, 11:12 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:34 AM)brada_wba Wrote: No reason why he can't play as a CF for us next year and be a Lidl Jamie Vardy. He will get goals as he's so fast.

No brain either...

[Image: tenor.gif]

No brain either...
It’s a little like when Nyom arrived here from Watford. Watford fans were very derogatory about him, he was a bit wayward and erratic but took to us and played well for a while.
It didn’t last, the enthusiasm disappeared and it started getting tough for him and the rest is history!

It’s down to the mental fortitude but.... of course I could be wrong!
(02-12-2019, 04:57 PM)Stig of the Dump Wrote:

No brain either...
It’s a little like when Nyom arrived here from Watford. Watford fans were very derogatory about him, he was a bit wayward and erratic but took to us and played well for a while.
It didn’t last, the enthusiasm disappeared and it started getting tough for him and the rest is history!

It’s down to the mental fortitude but.... of course I could be wrong!

When did Burke play well for us?  Dodgy
(02-11-2019, 02:08 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 10:09 AM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 09:59 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 09:22 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: At some point someone is going to question legally like Bosman the legitimacy of transfer fee’s. No one should ‘own’ someone or their time and labour.

Good point. I remember when the Bosman rule came in, some agent being interviewed on the radio. The bloke doing the show said the rule would change everything in the game etc. The agent said it was only the start, eventually they wanted the same as other employees in other jobs, like if a player wants to leave, he just gives a months notice and then goes somewhere else.

If that ever happened, all employment rules would apply, ie, if you are shit at your job, then you get the sack. I don't think that would go down too well.

The players are also getting the benefit of a long-term contract. Guaranteed wages for 3 or 4 years, no fear of being sacked or just discarded if their face doesn’t fit with a manager.  Works both ways.

The daft thing is that a half decent player like Aaron Ramsey is now in a position to earn a vast fortune for being ... a half decent player