25 years ago today...
I had the leftovers of the night before's cold chicken vindaloo on the way down to Pompey - a good luck ritual that I struggled to replicate!!!

I think 10-11,000 is a good guess. Funny how our support has dropped since we have had more 'success'.
(05-09-2019, 07:12 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: There was obviously trouble in the ground before ko, but I don't remember any trouble when we were on the pitch at the end.
After the game a group of us went to Southsea for fish n chips then on to a pub by the Victory and had a couple of pints with Pompey fans, never saw any trouble.

I agree that there wasn't any fighting on the pitch after the match. Hundreds of Baggies ran on to celebrate and hundreds of Pompey also ran on but the police quickly established 2 lines between them so nothing else happened.

Igorbalis and I were stood at the back of the terrace right by the plastic strip that has been mentioned. Thankfully for us, when it did kick off there,  when the teams came out and again when Peggy scored, it was at the bottom end of the terrace. One Albion fan who I recognised from many away trips (black guy, wore glasses and I'm and pretty sure wasn't a hoolie) had to be treated next to the pitch, for concussion I think.

Having witnessed that, it was pretty bizarre several years later on the day of the Great Escape when Albion and Pompey fans were again on the pitch but this time hugging each other.
(05-09-2019, 04:47 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 09:50 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Cast believe how long ago that was ....25 years ...

Must be most away fans for Albion in a league game since the war?

Although I wasn't there, Oldham in 76 could possibly have been the most. Supposed to have been 15000 baggies there.

I was at Pompey and Oldham - and the great escape.
Sadly I was also at Wembley for the loss vs Derby - it scarred me so deeply I won't go this year if we get there.