Wm bias bordering on psychotic
Yes we were flat 1st half but at no time looked like losing the game. 

If Holgate, Phillips and Kanu had taken 3 easy chances we'd have been out of sight. 

However, Johansen particularly has done himself no favours today. 

If we can get Phillips just right for the play-offs it'll be a massive bonus. 

Keep the faith.
Disappointing to hear about Johansen. I thought he looked to be coming into form at the right time.
(04-27-2019, 05:18 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Disappointing to hear about Johansen. I thought he looked to be coming into form at the right time.

Yep, he was anonymous today.
Just imagine if we'd got players injured or sent off in a nothing game. We could only lose today all but a razor slim chance of coming 3rd.
(04-27-2019, 05:18 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Disappointing to hear about Johansen. I thought he looked to be coming into form at the right time.

Strange one Swag. 

Had one shot which looked like it was going in until it hit Gibbs.  Other than that did nothing.  Shadow of his last performance at the Hawthorns when he was like a man possessed. 

Shan said after the game that he wasn't happy with any aspect of the performance so there's no question that he told them to take the foot of the gas.
(04-27-2019, 05:15 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Yes we were flat 1st half but at no time looked like losing the game. 

If Holgate, Phillips and Kanu had taken 3 easy chances we'd have been out of sight. 

However, Johansen particularly has done himself no favours today. 

If we can get Phillips just right for the play-offs it'll be a massive bonus. 

Keep the faith.

Bang on Hop. As you say, we could have scored more but let's not forget, Rotherham hit the woodwork twice.  Thought Johansen was poor, not for the lack of trying, it just didn't happen for him. The whole midfield misfired today. Phillips gave us a real lift, just give him 20 mins against Derby and wrap in in cotton wool before and after.
Imho I think matty will be crucial to our promotion hopes he causes teams problems when he runs at them with the ball, still think Murphy with his pace still has a part to play yet.
I'm probably Phillips' biggest critic, but he changed the game when he came on. We need him like that - Direct.

Missed an absolute sitter, mind.
Clarnet v2.0
Johansen hasn't played much football at all this season but had got himself up to speed and was starting to look really good. Given that I questioned why he didn't start at Reading as he doesn't need the rest. He needs to keep ticking over.
(04-27-2019, 06:29 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Imho I think matty will be crucial to our promotion hopes he causes teams problems when he runs at them with the ball, still think Murphy with his pace still has a part to play yet.

Phillips and Murphy could be absolutely potent.  

I was quite impressed with Murphy's positional play and tracking back when he replaced Holgate.  There's a player in there hopefully Appy can get him by the balls and put some spunk into him!    If you know what I mean!   Big Grin

(04-27-2019, 06:30 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I'm probably Phillips' biggest critic, but he changed the game when he came on. We need him like that - Direct.

Missed an absolute sitter, mind.

It's scandalous that Phillips at 27 is incapable of hitting the ball with his left foot!