Appleton
(04-26-2019, 09:33 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I think this is a good move. I'd also be happy with Appy as boss next season if we don't go up.

Zero ambition, from an awful board if it is him.
Makes sense with a handful of games left to not go for an overpaid ego appointment who could rock the boat. Can’t see how this can do any harm, and can only benefit.

I’d be less than impressed if he got the gig full time a few weeks ago, but an extra pair of eyes can’t be a bad thing, especially as he comes with Brunt’s seal of approval!
Worth a read
https://www.coachesvoice.com/cut-short-l...west-brom/
(04-26-2019, 09:24 AM)KfordBaggie Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:39 AM)aj21 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:29 AM)KfordBaggie Wrote: A highly thought of coach, Appleton, failed miserably bar at Oxford as a manager.

Well this is absolute bollocks. 

Portsmouth were in administration when he managed then - anyone with a brain knows that an incredibly difficult thing to manage, when your players aren't even being paid, it is hard to motivate. The club wanted him to stay. 

Blackpool he resigned after a couple of months where he did fine, again Blackpool was a basket case of a club as has been shown in the years since he was there. 

Blackburn again he was there for 5 minutes, awful owners. 

He did a great job at Oxford. Got to the EFL trophy final twice, got promoted and almost got them in the league one play offs

Ok then, it shows flipping awful judgement regarding clubs he’s chosen to manage. They were all basket cases before he arrived so he must have realised he was on a hiding to nothing.
Well said, bar Oxford, he's done shite

Must. Try. Harder.
(04-26-2019, 08:46 AM)boingingbaggie Wrote: if we don't go up he'll be the new boss next season. 110% ITK

Not sure how serious this is, but I have heard this.
(04-26-2019, 09:57 AM)Squid Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:46 AM)boingingbaggie Wrote: if we don't go up he'll be the new boss next season. 110% ITK

Not sure how serious this is, but I have heard this.

it was said partly tongue in cheek but I did hear that certain board members wanted him before Moore was given the job full time last summer. 
Makes you wonder why we didn't just give it to him after Moore was sacked.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got it even if we did go up but that speaks more about the lack of faith I have in the board than Appy's talents
(04-26-2019, 08:56 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Brunty Wrote: Excellent news. Over the moon with this. Appy is an excellent coach.

Shocking.

[Image: terrence-howard-quote-im-still-over-the-...g-down.jpg]
This board gets worse.

Must. Find. Something. Negative. To. Say.
Fair enough if that's what Shan wanted, may as well got Shakey & Pearson & McInnes in as well.
More the merrier if it gets us up.
What we need atm are some reassuring words from our owner IMO.
The silence is deafening.
(04-26-2019, 09:34 AM)KfordBaggie Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 09:33 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I think this is a good move. I'd also be happy with Appy as boss next season if we don't go up.

Zero ambition, from an awful board if it is him.
I don't think so. I think we need to get back to basics and there's a lot of fat to cut from that squad if we fail to go up. Looking more at youth and scouring the football pyramid is what we may need. We've gone wayward since Ashworth left and now need to build a new vision the club can buy into. Instead we've too much old expensive pros from the Pulis era. Time for a clearout.
Chris Wilder didn't seem ambitious or did Daniel Farke.