Appleton
(04-26-2019, 08:52 AM)Pontificator Wrote: Totally bemusing appointment.

Agreed. Unless Shan wanted him it seems a very unbalanced set-up with two coaches of similar age, one in charge with relatively little experience and another who will have ambitions to manage again very soon. Odd dynamic.
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:39 AM)aj21 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:29 AM)KfordBaggie Wrote: A highly thought of coach, Appleton, failed miserably bar at Oxford as a manager.

Well this is absolute bollocks. 

Portsmouth were in administration when he managed then - anyone with a brain knows that an incredibly difficult thing to manage, when your players aren't even being paid, it is hard to motivate. The club wanted him to stay. 

Blackpool he resigned after a couple of months where he did fine, again Blackpool was a basket case of a club as has been shown in the years since he was there. 

Blackburn again he was there for 5 minutes, awful owners. 

He did a great job at Oxford. Got to the EFL trophy final twice, got promoted and almost got them in the league one play offs

Ok then, it shows flipping awful judgement regarding clubs he’s chosen to manage. They were all basket cases before he arrived so he must have realised he was on a hiding to nothing.

Its called trying to earn a living ffs - he need money to live, i'm sure
(04-26-2019, 08:56 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Brunty Wrote: Excellent news. Over the moon with this. Appy is an excellent coach.

Shocking.

Eh?
(04-26-2019, 09:08 AM)Brunty Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:56 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Brunty Wrote: Excellent news. Over the moon with this. Appy is an excellent coach.

Shocking.

Eh?

Don't hurt me.
I'm Appy with this one.

Thought it maybe Super Kev in but Brunt obviously made his choice and I am willing to get behind it!
(04-26-2019, 09:15 AM)MGalea Wrote: I'm Appy with this one.

Thought it maybe Super Kev in but Brunt obviously made his choice and I am willing to get behind it!

What's this obsession with Brunt?

Morrison might be running the team instead, and put his mate Brunt into the side.
(04-26-2019, 08:46 AM)boingingbaggie Wrote: if we don't go up he'll be the new boss next season. 110% ITK

100% agreed
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: Is Giles Barnes still training with the club?

He’ll be on the training ground just a soon as McDonalds finishes serving breakfast.
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:39 AM)aj21 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:29 AM)KfordBaggie Wrote: A highly thought of coach, Appleton, failed miserably bar at Oxford as a manager.

Well this is absolute bollocks. 

Portsmouth were in administration when he managed then - anyone with a brain knows that an incredibly difficult thing to manage, when your players aren't even being paid, it is hard to motivate. The club wanted him to stay. 

Blackpool he resigned after a couple of months where he did fine, again Blackpool was a basket case of a club as has been shown in the years since he was there. 

Blackburn again he was there for 5 minutes, awful owners. 

He did a great job at Oxford. Got to the EFL trophy final twice, got promoted and almost got them in the league one play offs

Ok then, it shows flipping awful judgement regarding clubs he’s chosen to manage. They were all basket cases before he arrived so he must have realised he was on a hiding to nothing.
Well said, bar Oxford, he's done shite
I think this is a good move. I'd also be happy with Appy as boss next season if we don't go up.