Appleton
if we don't go up he'll be the new boss next season. 110% ITK
For the rest of the season? That's a month then if we're lucky.
(04-26-2019, 08:21 AM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:20 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:19 AM)4-hero Wrote: This club seems to think it owes him a living for some bizarre reason?

Or Shan requested him?

I doubt for one minute Shan has the power to make those decisions

He said: "Jimmy picked up the phone and asked if I was able to come in and help through a very important time at the club.
"He was keen for me to be there and to tap into myself and my experience of being in big games.
"I know Jimmy, Jamie and Reidy well.
"I spent 10 years at West Bromwich Albion as a player and a coach and I've got fine memories.
"I know a lot of people at the Club and I look forward to getting back and seeing through what will hopefully be a very succesful period over the next month or so."
(04-26-2019, 08:51 AM)Ed Hopper Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:21 AM)4-hero Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:20 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:19 AM)4-hero Wrote: This club seems to think it owes him a living for some bizarre reason?

Or Shan requested him?

I doubt for one minute Shan has the power to make those decisions

He said: "Jimmy picked up the phone and asked if I was able to come in and help through a very important time at the club.
"He was keen for me to be there and to tap into myself and my experience of being in big games.
"I know Jimmy, Jamie and Reidy well.
"I spent 10 years at West Bromwich Albion as a player and a coach and I've got fine memories.
"I know a lot of people at the Club and I look forward to getting back and seeing through what will hopefully be a very succesful period over the next month or so."

Yeah, but Shan doesn't have the power to make those decisions, I read it on here. FACT.
In the form of his life.
Totally bemusing appointment.
(04-26-2019, 08:39 AM)aj21 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 08:29 AM)KfordBaggie Wrote: A highly thought of coach, Appleton, failed miserably bar at Oxford as a manager.

Well this is absolute bollocks. 

Portsmouth were in administration when he managed then - anyone with a brain knows that an incredibly difficult thing to manage, when your players aren't even being paid, it is hard to motivate. The club wanted him to stay. 

Blackpool he resigned after a couple of months where he did fine, again Blackpool was a basket case of a club as has been shown in the years since he was there. 

Blackburn again he was there for 5 minutes, awful owners. 

He did a great job at Oxford. Got to the EFL trophy final twice, got promoted and almost got them in the league one play offs

Ok then, it shows flipping awful judgement regarding clubs he’s chosen to manage. They were all basket cases before he arrived so he must have realised he was on a hiding to nothing.
Excellent news. Over the moon with this. Appy is an excellent coach.
Is Giles Barnes still training with the club?
Good news. I really can’t see a negative with it particularly as it seems Shan rang him and asked him for a chuck.
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)Brunty Wrote: Excellent news. Over the moon with this. Appy is an excellent coach.

Shocking.