Took my daughter up for the 1st time today
As my lad was playing up he got made to stop at home and clean his room so I took my 5 yr old girl up today. Was a bit of a coup for me as my wife has always sworn she wouldn’t be allowed to go, as she has very traditional views about football being no place for little girls. 
I was expecting lots of moaning about the noise and having to leave within half an hour, but she absolutely loved it! Paid more attention to the game than my 11 yr old, joined in with the singing when she could understand the words and even tried making up her own bless her. 
I know she is hooked as she was singing “allez, allez, allez” as she was being put to bed. Pity she has dancing every Saturday otherwise it would be an additional season ticket holder next year.
That’s brilliant to hear pal. They do say girls have a better concentration span than boys.
It all depends. Mine are stereotyped. Son a proper blokes bloke. Loves the football. Albion from the go and fervently stands up for us despite being in a school where he’s a rarity being a Baggie. Daughter was fine when she was about 10, started wavering at 12 by showing more interest in the club shop beforehand , and now at 14 no interest whatsoever.
Brilliant. Sod the dancing get her up the shrine. Lovely to read something like that.
(04-19-2019, 09:56 PM)Atomic Wrote: Brilliant. Sod the dancing get her up the shrine. Lovely to read something like that.

I’d love to but she is dance mad and her mom would never forgive me. Definitely be taking her again when I get the chance though.
(04-19-2019, 10:02 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:56 PM)Atomic Wrote: Brilliant. Sod the dancing get her up the shrine. Lovely to read something like that.

I’d love to but she is dance mad and her mom would never forgive me. Definitely be taking her again when I get the chance though.

Play off semi 2nd leg against the billa! (Suspect it will be a school night though!
(04-19-2019, 09:39 PM)Sotv Wrote: As my lad was playing up he got made to stop at home and clean his room so I took my 5 yr old girl up today. Was a bit of a coup for me as my wife has always sworn she wouldn’t be allowed to go, as she has very traditional views about football being no place for little girls. 
I was expecting lots of moaning about the noise and having to leave within half an hour, but she absolutely loved it! Paid more attention to the game than my 11 yr old, joined in with the singing when she could understand the words and even tried making up her own bless her. 
I know she is hooked as she was singing “allez, allez, allez” as she was being put to bed. Pity she has dancing every Saturday otherwise it would be an additional season ticket holder next year.

Find another dance class!   Brilliant stuff mate.   Bless her!!
(04-19-2019, 09:39 PM)Sotv Wrote: As my lad was playing up he got made to stop at home and clean his room so I took my 5 yr old girl up today. Was a bit of a coup for me as my wife has always sworn she wouldn’t be allowed to go, as she has very traditional views about football being no place for little girls. 

Excellent.

5 goal thriller, Albion win, beautiful weather...typical Baggies stuff!
(04-20-2019, 02:34 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

Excellent.

5 goal thriller, Albion win, beautiful weather...typical Baggies stuff!

My daughter’s first game was the 5-5 with Man U. Had to dampen expectations on the way home.

Heart warming news your little girl loved the matchday experience. You must be thrilled, I would be. 
I like it even more you stuck by the punishment dished out to your lad for his behaviour. He's unlikely to do it again. Simple principles that so many other parents seem to find incredibly difficult.