We only ever voted for a common market
Often said - "in 1972/5 we only voted for a common market". 

Well, I'd just like to say - bollocks. That's not true. 

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]“The community which we are joining is far more than a common market. It is a community in the true sense of that term. It is concerned not only with the establishment of free trade, economic and monetary union and other major economic issues, important though these are — but also as the Paris Summit Meeting has demonstrated, with social issues which affect us all — environmental questions, working conditions in industry, consumer protection, aid to development areas and vocational training.” Source: Illustrated London News. Prime Minister Edward Heath, December 1972[/color]
(04-12-2019, 11:45 AM)Pertensio Wrote: Often said - "in 1972/5 we only voted for a common market". 

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]“The community which we are joining is far more than a common market. It is a community in the true sense of that term. It is concerned not only with the establishment of free trade, economic and monetary union and other major economic issues, important though these are — but also as the Paris Summit Meeting has demonstrated, with social issues which affect us all — environmental questions, working conditions in industry, consumer protection, aid to development areas and vocational training.” Source: Illustrated London News. Prime Minister Edward Heath, December 1972[/color]

Heath = wrong’un
(04-12-2019, 05:34 PM)Fido Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 11:45 AM)Pertensio Wrote: Often said - "in 1972/5 we only voted for a common market". 

Heath = wrong’un

That may be what Heath said in December after the first vote but I can assure you that when it was put to the electorate it was offered as a common market. 
Lies then as now.
(04-12-2019, 06:44 PM)GMBaggie Wrote:

Heath = wrong’un

That may be what Heath said in December after the first vote but I can assure you that when it was put to the electorate it was offered as a common market. 
Lies then as now.

Don’t you know it’s only leavers that lied? It doesn’t matter we were told this was a once in a generation vote, now remainiacs demand another vote and it doesn’t matter we were told the result would be honoured and we now see MP’s making excuse after excuse for not delivering.   They are the rules here and across social media, be told!
(04-14-2019, 11:48 AM)Sotv Wrote:

Heath = wrong’un

Lies then as now.

Don’t you know it’s only leavers that lied? It doesn’t matter we were told this was a once in a generation vote, now remainiacs demand another vote and it doesn’t matter we were told the result would be honoured and we now see MP’s making excuse after excuse for not delivering.   They are the rules here and across social media, be told!

Perfidious Albion won’t forget!
(04-14-2019, 12:08 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 11:48 AM)Sotv Wrote:

[color=rgba(0,0,0,0.84)]“The community which we are joining is far more than a common market. It is a community in the true sense of that term. It is concerned not only with the establishment of free trade, economic and monetary union and other major economic issues, important though these are — but also as the Paris Summit Meeting has demonstrated, with social issues which affect us all — environmental questions, working conditions in industry, consumer protection, aid to development areas and vocational training.” Source: Illustrated London News. Prime Minister Edward Heath, December 1972[/color]

Heath = wrong’un

Lies then as now.

Perfidious Albion won’t forget!

Mark Jenkins gets everywhere, messing around with Brexit now Big Grin
I laughed out loud at this.  Big Grin

[Image: D48ZJ6YWwAETbMt.jpg]
(04-25-2019, 10:42 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: I laughed out loud at this.  Big Grin

[Image: D48ZJ6YWwAETbMt.jpg]
Hello Montserrat.

Heath = wrong’un

oi