Call me a cynic, but
By my dodgy calculations, Albion have had 47 managers in the 51 years since they won the FA cup. Average  1.08 a year, let’s call it one a year. Only 10 of those served for a decent period and were IMHO relatively successful.
The only question is how long will the next one last?

Alan Ashman
Johnny Giles
Ron Atkinson
Osvaldo Ardiles
Ray Harford
Gary Megson
Tony Mowbray
Roberto Di Matteo
Roy Hodgson
Tony Pulis
Clarkey Cat surely... or have I been whooshed?
Splitting hairs a bit but 47 managers in 51 years isn't 1.08 managers a year. Flip the fraction
(04-12-2019, 08:29 AM)Sliced Wrote: Splitting hairs a bit but 47 managers in 51 years isn't 1.08 managers a year. Flip the fraction

Quite right sums but it's still broadly one a year
I'd add Steve Clarke to that list. Highest PL finish.

Also we had a good run of successful managers when Dan Ashworth was overseeing the appointments.

Tony Mowbray
Roberto Di Matteo
Roy Hodgson
Steve Clarke
(04-12-2019, 09:55 AM)Brunty Wrote: I'd add Steve Clarke to that list. Highest PL finish.

Also we had a good run of successful managers when Dan Ashworth was overseeing the appointments.

Tony Mowbray
Roberto Di Matteo
Roy Hodgson
Steve Clarke

OK
I'm surprised to see Ray Harford on that list. He was with us less than a season. He avoided one relegation. By those middling standards you should include Denis Smith who was here 2 years and managed 10th and 12th finishes.
Harford had us running like a well oiled machine and then pissed off for the glory that lay ahead at the Queen's Park Rangers. Then the world fell apart.
(04-12-2019, 07:14 AM)Pontificator Wrote: By my dodgy calculations, Albion have had 47 managers in the 51 years since they won the FA cup. Average  1.08 a year, let’s call it one a year. Only 10 of those served for a decent period and were IMHO relatively successful.
The only question is how long will the next one last?

Alan Ashman
Johnny Giles
Ron Atkinson
Osvaldo Ardiles
Ray Harford
Gary Megson
Tony Mowbray
Roberto Di Matteo
Roy Hodgson
Tony Pulis
Very interesting. And proves the point, surely, that stability = success.
I suggest you translate that into mandarin and send it to Mr Lai.
its no good having stability with a complete morons in charge ............they love lapdogs that wont challenge them .