Neil - alternatives
On Jones it is still very early days. I am no expert on Stoke but there appears to be some structural problems that go very deep there, to think that this is going to be turned round in a half a season is wishful thinking. Without having seen them play apart from against us, the results would suggest he is getting the defence sorted out, making them difficult to beat.

If we go don't go up this season, then next season will be very difficult for whoever is in charge. With loan players returning to their clubs and some of the older players leaving the club. Their may be a greater reliance on younger players, who I can guarantee will be frustratingly inconsistent.

I wouldn't necessarily expect a promotion campaign for us next season, perhaps it will be a season like Norwich had last season.

As fans we are going to have to learn to be more patient.
(04-12-2019, 07:11 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: On Jones it is still very early days. I am no expert on Stoke but there appears to be some structural problems that go very deep there, to think that this is going to be turned round in a half a season is wishful thinking. Without having seen them play apart from against us, the results would suggest he is getting the defence sorted out, making them difficult to beat.

If we go don't go up this season, then next season will be very difficult for whoever is in charge. With loan players returning to their clubs and some of the older players leaving the club. Their may be a greater reliance on younger players, who I can guarantee will be frustratingly inconsistent.

I wouldn't necessarily expect a promotion campaign for us next season, perhaps it will be a season like Norwich had last season.

As fans we are going to have to learn to be more patient.

I have a gut feeling that Jones will do well at Stoke. He's quietly going about his business and I think they will look totally different next season.

They were a basket case when he took over. He's got a lot to do. Similar to whoever we get they will have their work cut out this summer.