My Norwich mate on Neil
Mate living over that way is a season ticket holder at Carrow Rd.
Said he was brilliant at first and even when they got relegated the fans were on his side. He said football exciting and attacking, but he never sorted the defence. Added by the end the fans felt he was a motivator rather than a great coach and the players were said to be bored with him shouting at them. Added that he seems to have developed at Preston and sorted the defence out, so he rates him now. 
That sounds ok to me.
As I've said before, I was excited when we got Brian Little and fed up when Megson arrived, so what do I know.
On that topic, Neil sounds like Megson in that he is a tough guy - can't help but think this is what this club needs now- too many big time Charlies who need put in their place and he sounds like a bit of a hairdryer will work on them.
By the way, Neil doesn't need a hairdryer on himself!
(04-11-2019, 03:22 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Mate living over that way is a season ticket holder at Carrow Rd.
Said he was brilliant at first and even when they got relegated the fans were on his side. He said football exciting and attacking, but he never sorted the defence. Added by the end the fans felt he was a motivator rather than a great coach and the players were said to be bored with him shouting at them. Added that he seems to have developed at Preston and sorted the defence out, so he rates him now. 
That sounds ok to me.
As I've said before, I was excited when we got Brian Little and fed up when Megson arrived, so what do I know.
On that topic, Neil sounds like Megson in that he is a tough guy - can't help but think this is what this club needs now- too many big time Charlies who need put in their place and he sounds like a bit of a hairdryer will work on them.
By the way, Neil doesn't need a hairdryer on himself!

Sounds positive. I think everyone’s agreed we need more of a disciplinarian
Client of mine is an ardent Naaaarge fan and goes home and away, far less complimentary, exciting at first as you say but totally lost his way, ah la Steve Clarke with us and the majority wanted him out before he went, well out of his depth in the Prem and brought badly overall in his opinion

Always struck me in interviews as quite bitter, always seemed to be somebody else's fault - sound familiar TP? - and his side were always unlucky etc

Wouldn't be my call but frankly with the shite going on at the minute any appointment must be seen as progress by those dithering fuckwits

Cuzer
If he can give us a short term lift there's every chance we can win the play offs (when he got Norwich promoted they beat their arch rivals Ipswich in the SF... perhaps we can do the same to Villa).
(04-11-2019, 03:22 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: He said football exciting and attacking, but he never sorted the defence. Added by the end the fans felt he was a motivator rather than a great coach and the players were said to be bored with him shouting at them.

FAO Chris Brunt
As there isn't any long term plan, he'd do for now!