Alex Neill
(04-10-2019, 12:26 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 11:17 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 11:14 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 10:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 09:35 AM)wba13 Wrote: Norwich fans loved Neil when he got then promoted. Preston fans think he has done a great job on a shoestring budget. Swings and roundabouts come to mind . Whoever comes in will get my backing wether I like the appointment or not. Just remember for every Pardew there is a Megson  and a lot of fans did not want him.

Exactly the reason that the wanker's in charge of the shit-hole of an organisation, that they've reduced our club to, are interested in getting him in, he works with a shoestring budget, tells you everything about our owners plans/ambitions.   Angry

There are no plans or ambitions. That all went with Paul Thompson, the only Chairman we've ever had who had any vision or plan

Absolkiute nonsense. Peace definitely had a plan. Not everyone agreed with it, but he had a plan.

Yes,  a plan to make himself very wealthy.

Obviously that was part of it (I don't blame him), but he also had a plan to improve facilities, get the club in the prem, and get them back up when they went down.

Obviously not everyone agrees on Peace, but to say he didn't have a plan is just silly.
IIRC Paul Thompson's plan included getting rid of Megson as manager, which at that time didn't seem to be much of a plan.
Back on topic Neill is 1/5 now.
(04-10-2019, 12:30 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: IIRC Paul Thompson's plan included getting rid of Megson as manager, which at that time didn't seem to be much of a plan.

He also as I recall but this is from the GM camp was less than impressed we had got promotion so quickly. PT has been made into this mythical saviour that was banished by the evil JP I think the truth is somewhere as ever in the middle.
(04-09-2019, 09:38 PM)Albion Wrote: No thanks, he’s just lost 3 on the bounce.

Well, based on that criteria Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, Clough, Paisley etc would all have been ruled out as they’d once lost 3 on the trot.

Every manager fails at some point. Even the very best ones have been sacked.  Several times in some cases. What counts is how they learn from their mistakes and put it right in their next job.  Good managers take it on board and make a success going forward. Bad ones keep making the same mistakes and keep getting sacked.

Neil wouldn’t be my first choice either, but he’s done what we want our next manager to do - get a team promoted. Once promoted, there’s probably a 90% chance of relegation within the next or following season.

Any experienced manager out there who hasn’t ever lost 3 successive games and who has never been sacked or relegated, is not likely to be coming to the Hawthorns.   I am attracted by a manager who is young, hungry, knows exactly what he wants, has already taken a team up, has experienced a PL relegation so won’t be phased by it, and has done a decent job with a team in the Championship with a low budget.

Any of Neil, Johnson and Potter would all be fine with me.
(04-10-2019, 01:30 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Back on topic Neill is 1/5 now.

Yep 1/3 now.  That fat St Bernard Allardyce has drifted to 10s

Would certainly prefer Jokanovic - but Neill does have a decent overall record, particularly as we are hiring as a Champo team
(04-10-2019, 02:00 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 09:38 PM)Albion Wrote: No thanks, he’s just lost 3 on the bounce.

Well, based on that criteria Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger, Clough, Paisley etc would all have been ruled out as they’d once lost 3 on the trot.

Every manager fails at some point. Even the very best ones have been sacked.  Several times in some cases. What counts is how they learn from their mistakes and put it right in their next job.  Good managers take it on board and make a success going forward. Bad ones keep making the same mistakes and keep getting sacked.

Neil wouldn’t be my first choice either, but he’s done what we want our next manager to do - get a team promoted. Once promoted, there’s probably a 90% chance of relegation within the next or following season.

Any experienced manager out there who hasn’t ever lost 3 successive games and who has never been sacked or relegated, is not likely to be coming to the Hawthorns.   I am attracted by a manager who is young, hungry, knows exactly what he wants, has already taken a team up, has experienced a PL relegation so won’t be phased by it, and has done a decent job with a team in the Championship with a low budget.

Any of Neil, Johnson and Potter would all be fine with me.

Good post.
What sort of formation and playing style does Neil prefer?
(04-10-2019, 12:28 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 12:26 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 11:17 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 11:14 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 10:26 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: Exactly the reason that the wanker's in charge of the shit-hole of an organisation, that they've reduced our club to, are interested in getting him in, he works with a shoestring budget, tells you everything about our owners plans/ambitions.   Angry

There are no plans or ambitions. That all went with Paul Thompson, the only Chairman we've ever had who had any vision or plan

Absolkiute nonsense. Peace definitely had a plan. Not everyone agreed with it, but he had a plan.

Yes,  a plan to make himself very wealthy.

Obviously that was part of it (I don't blame him), but he also had a plan to improve facilities, get the club in the prem, and get them back up when they went down.

Obviously not everyone agrees on Peace, but to say he didn't have a plan is just silly.

silly me...mid-table championship after he'd trousered the filthy lucre.

1/4 now. 

No-one else really in the running.
(04-10-2019, 02:19 PM)TartanRug Wrote: What sort of formation and playing style does Neil prefer?

As long as it kick it out of the fucking box ,I don't care.