Donald Tusk
(02-11-2019, 09:50 AM)Black penny Wrote: Tusk played his Joker in an attempt to.unite the UK in negotiations with the EU. Looks like some people fell for it. A man who's own country has disowned him is not about to deliberately rock the boat he lives in.

"..some people fell for it"  Fuck me sideways.

(02-08-2019, 09:17 PM)Mickyfudge Wrote: Is this the wba forum or the guardian website ....

Welcome new poster and please join in....
Don't usually post on political fora but can't help myself here. Tusk was bang on with his statement and while his words were inflaming I'm not sure how you can't agree. The people in charge of UK plc who ran the Leave campaign presented a strategy to it's shareholders (citizens) without any plan, details or clarity. No other business in the world would allow it's Board to deliver a future strategy without that detail. The media then all took political sides and allowed the debate to happen around what colour the carpets and curtains should be without focusing on what house we'd be living in.

In the end though 17 million people swallowed the billboard and Daily Star rhetoric and were happy to not hold those people to account - but worse than that were the 12 million who never voted at all.

I just wonder where this country would be now nearly 3 years on if the whole thing had never happened. Perhaps we'd be discussing the parlous state of our future education and transport strategy, how our kids are going to afford future homes, why millions or people on zero hours contracts are being shafted, the state of our roads, how to fund and run an NHS when we're living longer and finally how we're killing the planet slowly (just see the latest govt strategy on renewables it's a joke). But no we're discussing how to waste another 10 years extricating ourselves from a local system whilst in parallel trying to negotiate joining 40 other systems.

So yes Kate Hoey and Carswell who started Vote Leave with Gove, Johnson, IDS, Frank Field, Raab, David Owen, Fox, Grayling, Priti Pate and our own Edgbaston MP Gisela Stuart are all culpable of what Tusk says and I hope they all do find time in the special place in Hell torture chair like they all deserve.
"2015-2025: The Lost Decade."