Donald Tusk
An absolute disgrace.

May he also rot in hell.
Very poor choice of words indeed.
I think he made a very good point. What was the plan by Gove, Boris and Mogg btw?
He’s got a point though...
The snowflakes are keeling over everywhere. Boris, Sammy, Jacob are all past masters at insulting people.
Those tossers with all those European flags in London may as well go home now - just shot themselves in the foot.

It's done now, especially when everyone sees all the newspaper headlines in the morning - Adios EU.
(02-06-2019, 06:12 PM)Supamart Wrote: Those tossers with all those European flags in London may as well go home now - just shot themselves in the foot.

It's done now, especially when everyone sees all the newspaper headlines in the morning - Adios EU.

Why? Because the bloke had the audacity to call out the idiots who lobbied for leaving Europe without any semblance of a plan? I think I will get myself a Tusk T-shirt for saying it like it is.
For saying those who instigated brexit but had no plan had a special place in hell? He's spot on.

People say worse about him every single day. Laughable faux outrage that should be directed towards those that have turned this situation into such a cluster fuck.
Just watch the backlash - perfect  Big Grin
From Another Angry Voice:

You may have already seen the tides of outrage about the Donald Tusk 'special place in hell for Brexiteers' headlines, but as is so often the case these days it's another example of selective quotation in order to maximise the outrage.

I'm not usually inclined to defend complacent euro-liberals like Tusk and Clegg who enable hard-right neoliberals into power and then run off to cushy jobs elsewhere when it all goes to shit, but in this case it's important to consider what he actually said, which was:

"I have been wondering what the special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it safely."

In this instance Tusk isn't attacking Brexit-promoters simply for the fact that they support Brexit, he's criticising those who promoted Brexit without anything even remotely resembling an actual plan for how to manage it.

Would you sign a blank contract with a bunch of proven con men and austerity-fetishists so that they can fill in the details later and claim that you approved everything they subsequently come up with?

Well unfortunately 17.4 million British people fell for this con in 2016, and in this particular quote Tusk isn't blaming them, or attacking the concept of quitting the EU in general. What he's doing is attacking the Tory spivs who came up with this Brexit blank contract con in the first place.

Given the nationally humiliating two and a half year 'make it up as we go along' Tory Brexit farce that's followed the Leave vote, it's pretty much impossible to deny that he's got a decent point about the importance of actually having a plan before you set about doing something (despite his point being wrapped up in faux Christian dogma).

But context and self-reflection doesn't sell newspapers or generate online clicks, so the British media are dialling up the outrage to maximum by traducing the quote in order to generate rage shares from slighted Brexiters.