Happy Brexit Day
(03-29-2019, 12:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:23 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:11 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:07 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I'm guessing this is a poor attempt at a wind up. If not I'd really be interested in the benefits to leaving the EU being explained, especially from someone who has had time to understand them and decide they are the right choice.

Or are you just talking bollox?

You seem quite animated about my free personal choice.

We can blame our own useless politicians for the state of the country without them being able to say its all the EUs fault.

What are the benefits of staying?

I'm not animated at all and that confirms your wind up statement. And we've answered the benefits question lots of times on teh Brexit threads, yet no-one has yet come up with an argument for staying that holds any water when analysed. So we're still curious why you would vote leave.

We?

We can blame our own useless politicians for the state of the country without them being able to say its all the EUs fault.

Im not happy being ruled by an unelected foreign commission

You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my £100 which will be worth feck all if he gets into power and we have left the EU.

You are Tony Blair and you are a cunt  Big Grin
(03-29-2019, 12:37 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:07 PM)Sunshine Wrote: You seem quite animated about my free personal choice.

I'm not animated at all and that confirms your wind up statement. And we've answered the benefits question lots of times on teh Brexit threads, yet no-one has yet come up with an argument for staying that holds any water when analysed. So we're still curious why you would vote leave.

We?

You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my £100 which will be worth feck all if he gets into power and we have left the EU.

I’d rather be c**t than a Corbyn supporter.
(03-29-2019, 12:41 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:37 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:11 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I'm not animated at all and that confirms your wind up statement. And we've answered the benefits question lots of times on teh Brexit threads, yet no-one has yet come up with an argument for staying that holds any water when analysed. So we're still curious why you would vote leave.

We?

I’d rather be c**t than a Corbyn supporter.
Have you joined the other tories in the indi group?
(03-29-2019, 11:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 10:31 AM)Sunshine Wrote: I didnt vote in first referendum but id vote leave if there was a second one.

I'm guessing this is a poor attempt at a wind up. If not I'd really be interested in the benefits to leaving the EU being explained, especially from someone who has had time to understand them and decide they are the right choice.

We?

Plural of I.

So your basic premise for voting to leave an institution is that you'd like to be able to blame someone else for the mess. 

And I'd be interested in understanding which rulings that the EU unelected commission (they're not all foreign btw, there have been a fair few Brits in there over the years) are you unhappy about?
(03-29-2019, 01:51 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 11:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I'm guessing this is a poor attempt at a wind up. If not I'd really be interested in the benefits to leaving the EU being explained, especially from someone who has had time to understand them and decide they are the right choice.

We?

Plural of I.

So your basic premise for voting to leave an institution is that you'd like to be able to blame someone else for the mess. 

And I'd be interested in understanding which rulings that the EU unelected commission (they're not all foreign btw, there have been a fair few Brits in there over the years) are you unhappy about?

So i am addressing the self proclaimed spokesperson of the boreds remainers?

Yes i prefer democracy where the people can vote out politicians that we dont agree with.

Thats impossible under EU law where the commissioners are appointed and unaccountable.
(03-29-2019, 02:02 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:07 PM)Sunshine Wrote: You seem quite animated about my free personal choice.

We?

Plural of I.

Yes i prefer democracy where the people can vote out politicians that we dont agree with.

Thats impossible under EU law where the commissioners are appointed and unaccountable.

You do realise that EU law isn't created by the commissioners don't you? They propose laws that are for discussion and potential adoption by the elected parliament and council.

You do also know that you can take part in the EU elections don't you?

We?

Plural of I.

The commission is appointed by and held accountable to the parliament. It's currently filled with social democrats and liberal conservatives because the EPP and S&D are the largest parties in the parliament, showing the commission to be in tune with those who were elected.
(03-29-2019, 02:25 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:11 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I'm not animated at all and that confirms your wind up statement. And we've answered the benefits question lots of times on teh Brexit threads, yet no-one has yet come up with an argument for staying that holds any water when analysed. So we're still curious why you would vote leave.

We?

Plural of I.

You do realise that EU law isn't created by the commissioners don't you? They propose laws that are for discussion and potential adoption by the elected parliament and council.

Yes but why cant elected reps propose laws?
How do you get rid of unelected unaccountable commissioners?

I prefer democracy, cheers
(03-29-2019, 02:44 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 12:23 PM)Sunshine Wrote: We?

Plural of I.

Have you heard of the House of Lords?
(03-29-2019, 02:46 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 02:44 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 01:51 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Plural of I.

Have you heard of the House of Lords?

Yeah id get rid of that too.

I see you comparing the unelected EU commission to another outdated anti democratic chamber. well done

Oh and its 3-0 Theresa