When will we, will we leave Europe???
(03-27-2019, 09:10 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Since when have we been leaving Europe? We are part of Europe. It's a club within Europe we were looking to leave. But the establishment will see to it that we will in effect remain.

Arf the anti-establishment figures like Boris Johnson, Jacob Reece Mogg, several members of the ERG, The Telegraph, the Mail, the Express are on the people’s side... yeah right!
I'd rather we stayed, back to my 51-49% default position that membership EU on balance is better for the UK.

But I think we should leave and will leave based on either May's abomination or something else more abrupt. We should leave as we are now a bad-faith and orm-addled actor who no-one in their right mind would want to have in their club (even the Norwegians and Icelanders see that, in regards of the EEA EFTA model). This must end, this national stand up comedy.

Besides, whatever deal is agreed (if one is agreed) will be unpicked stitch-by-stitch by the next swivel-eyed bonkers Brexiteer of a new Tory PM.

So, much better to accept that the country has been taken hostage by the Tory party "factioneering" and the Al-Brexit fundamentalist crazies and end the nightmare of national humiliation.
(03-28-2019, 05:09 AM)Pneumann Wrote: I'd rather we stayed, back to my 51-49% default position that membership EU on balance is better for the UK.

But I think we should leave and will leave based on either May's abomination or something else more abrupt. We should leave as we are now a bad-faith and orm-addled actor who no-one in their right mind would want to have in their club (even the Norwegians and Icelanders see that, in regards of the EEA EFTA model). This must end, this national stand up comedy.

Besides, whatever deal is agreed (if one is agreed) will be unpicked stitch-by-stitch by the next swivel-eyed bonkers Brexiteer of a new Tory PM.

So, much better to accept that the country has been taken hostage by the Tory party "factioneering" and the Al-Brexit fundamentalist crazies and end the nightmare of national humiliation.

Lot of good points made here, I have always thought that the EU as a trading block is just plain common sense in principle
at least. The political ambitions are where it goes off track at times, and that is it's Achilles heel as far as many of ordinary
people across the EU are concerned as well.

I do think the game is up for the UK, we look a shambles, especially from the outside looking in, we need to get out because
no one can take more any more of this, the EU, business and people desperate to see Education, law and order and many
social issues being actually dealt with by those elected.
(03-28-2019, 05:09 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Besides, whatever deal is agreed (if one is agreed) will be unpicked stitch-by-stitch by the next swivel-eyed bonkers Brexiteer of a new Tory PM.

Agree with all you said except that. Can't see why anyone would do that. Taken 2 excruciatingly painful years to negotiate the Withdrawal Agreement. Surely they'd want to spend all their energy on defining the future relationship, in particular, coming up with a solution for NI.
It's the Final Countdown....or is it?
(04-04-2019, 06:37 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: It's the Final Countdown....or is it?

Slowest countdown since a Windows 95 update....

[Image: 7ca6RrLAi.gif]