If by some miracle we now go up
Jimmy Shan deserves a massive amount of credit. Getting rid of a manager with 10 games to go is always risky and has the potential to go horribly wrong. Really we should have someone in by now but, unsurprisingly, we appear to be without a clear plan.

JS's Albion winning the past couple of games has really bought us some time and will allow the new manager a decent points buffer to 7th to find his feet and work out his team and approach for the playoffs, which we've all but secured.

However as it's been said, it should be a manager coming in with experience of doing this before, and a good track record. If we were going to roll the dice at this stage of the season the only justification, in my opinion, would have been to get the right man in for the playoffs. Of the "realistic" candidates only one person fits that bill. However I'd be very surprised at this point if we get Jokanovic.

IMO it'll be Alex Neil
My problem with Jokanovic is that potentially in August we could be kicking off in the Premiership - a league that seemed to completely overwhelm him.

My view is the club are not sure about him, that's not to say it won't happen, and if we had lost the last 2 games it might have forced the issue.

At this stage I would prefer we make an appointment at the end of the season, i'm not sure what difference getting a new man in will make,

So much depends on what league we are in come the end of May has to who the new man should be.
Neil would mean paying PNE compo.

Probably rules him out.
(03-19-2019, 08:34 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Neil would mean paying PNE compo.

Probably rules him out.

Plus Neil himself having a shot at the play-offs, be a shitty thing to do to Preston
(03-19-2019, 08:34 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: My problem with Jokanovic is that potentially in August we could be kicking off in the Premiership - a league that seemed to completely overwhelm him.

My view is the club are not sure about him, that's not to say it won't happen, and if we had lost the last 2 games it might have forced the issue.

At this stage I would prefer we make an appointment at the end of the season, i'm not sure what difference getting a new man in will make,

So much depends on what league we are in come the end of May has to who the new man should be.

Correct. Shan with a buddy would do until the end of the season for me.
(03-19-2019, 08:34 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: My problem with Jokanovic  is that potentially in August we could be kicking off in the Premiership - a league that seemed to completely overwhelm him.

It's clear though that going up this season is of such massive importance financially that the attitude is, and probably should be, just get up this season and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We can't "see what league we're in" in May, the short term is absolutely the most important thing at the moment. IMO making an appointment at the end of the season (unless we go up) would represent a monumental failure from the club.
Far from a miracle if we go up, it would be if it was automatically.
Becoming more and more convinced the insistence on over elaborating was our undoing. With a seemingly more pragmatic, win ugly approach, we've a decent chance in the play-offs.
Shan with either Shakespeare or Appleton would be fine till summer.
We want David Wagner and he don't want to come until the summer, that's the problem and now we don't know what to do about it.
(03-19-2019, 10:28 AM)Lightnin Wrote: We want David Wagner and he don't want to come until the summer, that's the problem and now we don't know what to do about it.

And if we don’t go up would Wagner want it?
(03-19-2019, 09:33 AM)Squid Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 08:34 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: My problem with Jokanovic  is that potentially in August we could be kicking off in the Premiership - a league that seemed to completely overwhelm him.

Correct. Shan with a buddy would do until the end of the season for me.

Get Meggo on line 1 pronto.

I would think it's more a game of poker over salary and backroom staff than not wanting him. 

If you dig deeper at Fulham there was a scatter-gun spending spree in the summer with players coming in that Jokanovic didn't necessarily want.  This upset the whole applecart as he had built that the promotion team in his own image and it left a lot of disgruntled people from the promotion team. 

Had he been allowed to continue to build the team his way it could have been a completely different story. 

We'll never know.