Manager latest
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...nal-break/

Mehhhhhh
Peter Ridsdale is PNE chairman? Did not know that.
Let's hope it's journalists making up a story out of no information, or it sounds like a right royal fuck up!

Cuzer
Could be bollocks, but a cople of journalists have suggested Albion aren't sure about Jokanovic, rather than the other way around.
Nixon repeatedly saying it’s a clusterfuck. He is close to both Moyes & especially Preston so I am pretty sure he is well ITK in developments or lack of.

Rowett would be the worst choice imaginable.
(03-18-2019, 11:52 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Let's hope it's journalists making up a story out of no information, or it sounds like a right royal fuck up!

Cuzer

Possibly, but Matt Wilson is pretty reliable, doesn't tend to fan the flames of gossip and is a self confessed Albion fan.

Knowing Jenkins and the Albion, I'd go for the royal fuck up option.
So it’s Appleshan or Shanspeare?

I get the impression if it was Shakey, it would become his team and not Shan’s, I could be wrong but on that flimsy basis I’d sooner (oh god, never wanted to say this) go with Appy!
(03-19-2019, 07:11 AM)Ed Hopper Wrote: So it’s Appleshan or Shanspeare?

I get the impression if it was Shakey, it would become his team and not Shan’s, I could be wrong but on that flimsy basis I’d sooner (oh god, never wanted to say this) go with Appy!

Id sooner Appy. The side he built at Oxford was decent and he does have a very good reputation as a coach but as I've said elsewhere I can't fathom why either would want to play second fiddle to Shan.

If either of those come in they would surely be the number one assisted by Shan. So then it comes down to which of those two would make the least amount of changes in playing style. For me that would be Appy.
You might ask the question why do we need a short term fix.

For some time the club have been nailed on for the play offs - I know there are some who worried that we might slip out of the play off positions, but any analysis of the season to date should have reassured anyone that was unlikely to be the case.

Why make the change at all if we didn't have someone lined up to immediately take over once the previous manager was dismissed. It's a question that demands an answer (and there may be a good one).

Big ask for someone like Appleton to come in, knowing that there is a very strong possibility that the job will be short lived, however successful they are.
(03-19-2019, 07:26 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: You might ask the question why do we need a short term fix.

For some time the club have been nailed on for the play offs - I know there are some who worried that we might slip out of the play off positions, but any analysis of the season to date should have reassured anyone that was unlikely to be the case.

Why make the change at all if we didn't have someone lined up to immediately take over once the previous manager was dismissed. It's a question that demands an answer (and there may be a good one).

Big ask for someone like Appleton to come in, knowing that there is a very strong possibility that the job will be short lived, however successful they are.

Agreed. 

The only thing I can fathom is that they possibly wanted Jones out (maybe a few of the cabal had a word?) and as BD wasn’t going to get rid, they both had to go.  

Has BD commented on any of this? Unusual for a departing manager not to say something