Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts
For the first time ever in 20 odd years I considered not renewing my season ticket this as I was feeling obliged to go during last season rather than wanting to go due to the dull stuff on offer,also working 6am until 2pm before the game wasn't the best preparation to be bored out of my mind,but thought it's bound to be better this time,hopefully it will be,we'll see.

Was shocked to see today many long standing season ticket holders near me not there but different faces in their seats,wonder if they had the same doubts as me but didn't renew,a real sad state of affairs.

The squad - cannot believe a manager of TP's experience can't mould a balanced squad in FOUR windows,just hope he gets what he needs in the short time left or I do fear for us this season,but people say we will stay up because Pulis will always keep us up ,sad to say I have doubts this time
Agree...4 windows.....still no left back.

Already turnin Philips into a right back.
I know about a dozen long term STH that haven't renewed. All of them dating back to the real bad old days, but although Pulis is partly to blame, I believe modern (Prem) football is fthe real culprit.
I should add, the first 2or3home games attendances are always affected by holidays and there are often "guests" in regulars seats.
We never announced the season ticket sales for the first time in god knows how many seasons, tells you all you need to know on how many haven't renewed

Shocking attendance today for first Prem game with a played one, won one record

Everybody just knows what's going to be served up......

Cuzer
Absolutely loads of people not renewed in the area where we sit. The atmosphere is not nice at all at the moment!
My observation is many fans loved the rollercoaster ride but don't really like the fact we have got off it. I'm getting fed up not with the style of play but the constant negativity of fans at matches. It's like they want us to fail and are actually enjoying it when we go a goal behind.
(08-20-2016, 06:52 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: My observation is many fans loved the rollercoaster ride but don't really like the fact we have got off it. I'm getting fed up not with the style of play but the constant negativity of fans at matches. It's like they want us to fail and are actually enjoying it when we go a goal behind.
Spot on
(08-20-2016, 06:52 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: My observation is many fans loved the rollercoaster ride but don't really like the fact we have got off it. I'm getting fed up not with the style of play but the constant negativity of fans at matches. It's like they want us to fail and are actually enjoying it when we go a goal behind.

There is a definate Premier League Fatigue among our fans. Its something I remember seeing among Derby fans years ago when we took 5000 there for a cup tie they (Derby) didn't give a damn about.
Today though, you couldnt fault the atmosphere for the first 20 mins , it waS only when we sat back for an hour that the ground went to sleep.
(08-20-2016, 07:08 PM)swordfish Wrote:

There is a definate Premier League Fatigue among our fans. Its something I remember seeing among Derby fans years ago when we took 5000 there for a cup tie they (Derby) didn't give a damn about.
Today though, you couldnt fault the atmosphere for the first 20 mins , it waS only when we sat back for an hour that the ground went to sleep.

There are two teams on the pitch which is easily forgot. We got pushed back by a talented and expensively assembled squad in the second half buoyed by equalising on the stroke of half time. Lakaku's introduction made a huge difference to the way they played and sometimes you have to acknowledge the opposition's Impact on the game. 

My experience of the fans was the usual negative suspects around me were loving it when we were losing.
You are all right in varying degrees.

Whenever I see that pitch for the first time at the beginning of the season at the top of the Smethwick steps the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

It just didn't happen today. Why I don't know but I am a bit bemused (and pissed) tonight.