Got me pension
from Civil Service (it took from October to sort out - I was 60 in November).   I was only with with them 10 years, left in 1997.  I was in two minds whether to take it as the Department are cheating, lying crooked bastards that I couldn't stand to be in, so left, but I earned it more than any of they did, and honestly, so I did take it, with the tax free lump sum

Still working to pay off the mortgage I took out 12 years ago and well on target for 4 years hence but will probably never retire - I will wind down a bit in a few years as it's my own consultancy business but I don't want to be fixed to pension (work and/or state) and I'm having quite a bit of fun in the liquor trade.  I mention this as you young shavers are making decisions that I no longer have to make! AH AH AH!
Did you take the income leveling option.
Good on you Hudds, I got an official letter telling me I could retire when I was 75.
In the form of his life.
I've accepted the fact I'll work until I die.
Clarnet v2.0
(03-12-2019, 07:55 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Good on you Hudds, I got an official letter telling me I could retire when I was 75.

Oh, my state pension doesn't kick for another 5 or 6 years or whatever; I couldn't live on the Civil Service pension - it's worth having but I'll carry on working after I've paid the mortgage but ease off a bit.  It's just that I my age, I don't have to make decisions like Duffers....

(03-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Glosboys Wrote: Did you take the income leveling option.
Don't even know what that is!
Goo don yer Hud ds.
(03-12-2019, 08:11 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:55 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Good on you Hudds, I got an official letter telling me I could retire when I was 75.

Oh, my state pension doesn't kick for another 5 or 6 years or whatever; I couldn't live on the Civil Service pension - it's worth having but I'll carry on working after I've paid the mortgage but ease off a bit.  It's just that I my age, I don't have to make decisions like Duffers....

(03-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Glosboys Wrote: Did you take the income leveling option.
Don't even know what that is!
Have recently took mine.You get an enhanced lump sum and a reduced state pension from the day you take your pension payable for life.Might only be certain pension schemes that offer this then.
Am 60 in April, already put the paperwork in to claim my 17 years final salary pension. Got another private one which I have built up for the last 18 years and will claim that next year and then hopefully drop down to working 1 or 2 days per week.

Always try to impress upon the young people at work the beauty of having a pension as my only regret is that I didn't start one until I was 23 and the years have flown very quickly.
(03-12-2019, 05:47 PM)hudds Wrote: from Civil Service (it took from October to sort out - I was 60 in November).   I was only with with them 10 years, left in 1997.  I was in two minds whether to take it as the Department are cheating, lying crooked bastards that I couldn't stand to be in, so left, but I earned it more than any of they did, and honestly, so I did take it, with the tax free lump sum

Still working to pay off the mortgage I took out 12 years ago and well on target for 4 years hence but will probably never retire - I will wind down a bit in a few years as it's my own consultancy business but I don't want to be fixed to pension (work and/or state) and I'm having quite a bit of fun in the liquor trade.  I mention this as you young shavers are making decisions that I no longer have to make! AH AH AH!

Bloody Civil Servants.....
(03-12-2019, 08:00 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I've accepted the fact I'll work until I die.

I'm more than likely to do the same or thereabouts.