Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perce Speaks Re:Benteke
John Percy ‏@JPercyTelegraph  22m22 minutes ago

West Brom want #lfc striker Christian Benteke & are hoping for progress on a deal this wk. Further talks with #lcfc over Schlupp tmrw #wba

Still feel its a pipe dream mind.
Schlupp all day long.

Benteke I'm just not convinced is the right player for us... He's a lone striker and would compromise what Rondon is starting to become!

I'd sooner we spent that kind of money on players who will compliment what we are building, however if he signs it'll be a hell of a coup!!!!!
It's a start that we're actually in the running, it was frustrating seeing players who would have improved us (Allen, Townsend, Redmond) go elsewhere with us apparently not even in the shake up. I'm not demanding that we sign every player available, but it's encouraging to see that we're now showing a little more ambition in the market than we have done previously.
(08-14-2016, 10:06 AM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: Schlupp all day long.

Benteke I'm just not convinced is the right player for us... He's a lone striker and would compromise what Rondon is starting to become!

I'd sooner we spent that kind of money on players who will compliment what we are building, however if he signs it'll be a hell of a coup!!!!!

Rondon & Benteke can work together easily.

I mean Rondon has been with the dog shit Berahino for so long now, Benteke would have buried Rondons cross for Berahino yesterday, but he fluffed it.

I think what we can take from this though, is we have some serious cash to spend even if we lose out on Benteke.

I mean £30m £100/week wages we are looking at for him, fucking hell.

Slimani anyone?
Benteke and Rondon would be better strikers than anybody outside the top 6/7. Surely not?

We can dream!
(08-14-2016, 10:14 AM)TheOddOne Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 10:06 AM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: Schlupp all day long.

Rondon & Benteke can work together easily.

I mean Rondon has been with the dog shit Berahino for so long now, Benteke would have buried Rondons cross for Berahino yesterday, but he fluffed it.

I think what we can take from this though, is we have some serious cash to spend even if we lose out on Benteke.

I mean £30m £100/week wages we are looking at for him, fucking hell.

Slimani anyone?

Absolute bargain if we negotiate the £100 week wages
A big part of me just wants him for how much it would torture the Villa fans.

If we got him in and held onto Saido what a front 3 that would be.
Would love to sign him but personally feel it might be just out of our reach for a number of reasons.

What I do hope is that if the fee and wages are going to be beyond us lets pursue it aggressively and find out sooner rather than later. From the outside it feels at times that we are negotiating in increments of a fiver, let's find out what they realistically are looking for, offer what we are comfortable with and, if we still a long way apart, move on to other targets. The fear is that we leave an offer on the table, get outbid in the last few days, and then end up panic buying.

Ambitious move by the club to go after him but let's find out quickly if it's realistic or not. I know negotiations are there to find a middle ground but common sense should tell us if it's going to be possible or not fairly early on.
(08-14-2016, 10:22 AM)Heath Wrote: A big part of me just wants him for how much it would torture the Villa fans.

If we got him in and held onto Saido what a front 3 that would be.

Nah, Saido has gone. Can't see the fascination with him? 1 goal in our last 25 games??
I realise he would obviously go, just speaking hypothetically.

A fit and focused Saido, which he actually looks like he may be, is still a very useful asset.