My take on it fwiw
(02-03-2019, 10:52 AM)Statto Wrote: Yesterday’s referee was a game changer.

Hugill committee three nailed on yellow card offences in the first half, the elbow on Dawson being borderline red. He also allowed their back four to take turns in kicking Gayle and high five each other afterwards. Hugill also looked at the man and jumped into him on every single occasion and wasn’t penalised.

Hugill involved in the goals and they can’t make the change they did with 10. Contrast that with the two challenges Livermore got sent off for against Wigan.

Bang on.

While the offences were going unpunished, it gave their players licence to commit more offences. They could have had 3 or 4 yellows before their first card. It played into their hands. Still onto the next game, when hopefully we won't be handing out any further gifts.
(02-03-2019, 01:34 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 09:59 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: If we hadn't gifted them two goals and did our level best to allow them to score the second, we would be sitting here with three points this morning, I actually think we played very well and a performance like that will win more than it will lose.
Johnstone was very poor, but I think his mistake as well as costing a goal, finished him for the rest of the game, contrast this with Harper, in the first 15 20 mins, he couldn't control a bag of cement, but ended the game in my eyes as our mom, I am loving this kid more and more every game.
I really don't understand the grief HRK get's, I thought he had a really good game.
I could understand Big Dave's thinking on bringing on Brunt, Field's corners were abysmal, unfortunately it backfired big time and that is all a lot of fans will see.
I was disappointed we insisted in popping high crosses into the land of the giants, why we didn't knock them in low and hard.
I honestly don't think we were Pulisised, I think we dealt with anything that dinosaur through at us, we were the architects of our own downfall.
Someone gave the ref a 4 on the ratings thread, I wonder what he saw to be so generous, he aspired to be woeful, I wonder in hindsight if it was a sign of things to come, that his two assistants didn't warm up with him, I have never seen that before in my life.
Two big bonuses from yesterday are, I managed to get out of Cornwall and more importantly back in and I don't have to see " HIM " in the dugout next week.
We go on, in Dave I trust.

Fair summary Cornish, but not feeling quite to optimistic.

I felt we were poor for probably 2/3rds of the game yesterday, and disagree we deserved to win.

We were too easily martialed by a wily Boro’ side and failed to test them with pace or ingenuity. Our midfield balance was completely wrong, and again the lack of a link man between our midfield and attack was exposed for all to see.

How Hoolahan fails to get minutes behind Jrod and Gayle I’ve no idea, we’re screaming out for a number 10 who can link play and until Murphy/Phillips/Morrison are available and up to speed he’s the best we have.

Usually I'd agree, but I think he may have been kicked to ribbons out there yesterday.
(02-03-2019, 09:59 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: If we hadn't gifted them two goals and did our level best to allow them to score the second, we would be sitting here with three points this morning, I actually think we played very well and a performance like that will win more than it will lose.
Johnstone was very poor, but I think his mistake as well as costing a goal, finished him for the rest of the game, contrast this with Harper, in the first 15 20 mins, he couldn't control a bag of cement, but ended the game in my eyes as our mom, I am loving this kid more and more every game.
I really don't understand the grief HRK get's, I thought he had a really good game.
I could understand Big Dave's thinking on bringing on Brunt, Field's corners were abysmal, unfortunately it backfired big time and that is all a lot of fans will see.
I was disappointed we insisted in popping high crosses into the land of the giants, why we didn't knock them in low and hard.
I honestly don't think we were Pulisised, I think we dealt with anything that dinosaur through at us, we were the architects of our own downfall.
Someone gave the ref a 4 on the ratings thread, I wonder what he saw to be so generous, he aspired to be woeful, I wonder in hindsight if it was a sign of things to come, that his two assistants didn't warm up with him, I have never seen that before in my life.
Two big bonuses from yesterday are, I managed to get out of Cornwall and more importantly back in and I don't have to see " HIM " in the dugout next week.
We go on, in Dave I trust.
Decent summary, fella. Hope Big Dave is on the case re-giving away late goals.