Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we get sold......
...does this mean a more active January in the transfer market?
(08-01-2016, 06:45 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: ...does this mean a more active January in the transfer market?

If we are looking in a bit of bother in the bottom 3 or very close then I can see us spending more than normal. If not then I doubt they will. If they have any sense they will sit tight until next summer and have a more strategic splurg!
Agreed Peach
IMO whether the purchase is confirmed or not, we will buy what we need to buy or even long term loan. Pulis will be given so many games (I'd say 10) to show his worth.  If things are not going well having been backed in the window he'll get the boot.  I say 10, but if it's Peace and the buy out doesn't materialise, I would not be surprised to see pulis go after 2/3 games if we have a poor few weeks with a week or so remaining of the window.
(08-01-2016, 07:35 AM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: IMO whether the purchase is confirmed or not, we will buy what we need to buy or even long term loan. Pulis will be given so many games (I'd say 10) to show his worth.  If things are not going well having been backed in the window he'll get the boot.  I say 10, but if it's Peace and the buy out doesn't materialise, I would not be surprised to see pulis go after 2/3 games if we have a poor few weeks with a week or so remaining of the window.

I tend to agree Ron. I think after the poor end to last season Pulis is on less time than people might think. Certainly if Peace stays.
If the takeover wasn't currently work in progress, believe me Pulis would have gone a few weeks back. Pulis is like an insurance policy for the sale and prospective new owners.  Either way, whether it's Peace or new owners, Pulis is fully aware that a good start is needed and importantly his purchases / loans need to come good!
No more signing players to never use then hopefully, that is what annoys me more than anything else.
Pulis is proven to get enough points over a 38 game season. The problem with Clarke and Irvine was they had no history to fall back on.

They couldn't say "Give me time and I'll get enough results." They were judged on not being able to turn around the bad runs they were on.

There's no way Pulis will be sacked after 2 or 3 games. It's just wishful thinking by the guys who want to see him sacked regardless. The last 9 games were poor yeah, but what about achieving safety with 2 months to spare? Clarke and Irvine couldn't do that so why throw Pulis into the same pile?
(08-01-2016, 07:53 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: No more signing players to never use then hopefully, that is what annoys me more than anything else.

Peace is more annoyed about this than anything else. Chester in particular...... After all he did go up north to buy a new defender  Big Grin

Seriously if Peace wasn't so close to selling he would have given Pulis the bullet. I'm a Pulis fan I must admit for the position we find ourselves in. However with a new era potentially around the corner I'm open to change, but not a Zenga type!!!!

(08-01-2016, 08:16 AM)petejamo Wrote: Pulis is proven to get enough points over a 38 game season. The problem with Clarke and Irvine was they had no history to fall back on.

They couldn't say "Give me time and I'll get enough results." They were judged on not being able to turn around the bad runs they were on.

There's no way Pulis will be sacked after 2 or 3 games. It's just wishful thinking by the guys who want to see him sacked regardless. The last 9 games were poor yeah, but what about achieving safety with 2 months to spare? Clarke and Irvine  couldn't do that so why throw Pulis into the same pile?

Not wishful thinking at all. I don't particularly want him sacked. Peace isn't keen and he's had enough. However it hopefully won't be his decision soon. If it is....wait and see
Peace knows the club needed stability. Hiring 4 different head coaches in 2 seasons was mental and should have cost the club it's Premier League status.

Pulis is rebuilding the club from the shambles left behind by Clarke, Mel and Irvine. If it wasn't for the perceived style he would have one of the safest jobs in the league. Hiring another Pepe Mel won't be the answer to everybody's prayers.