Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takeover thoughts.
My theory based on a little knowledge and a lot of guesswork.

The deal is done and has been for a while. Jenkins has all but gone if not completely but Peace will be around for a while for a smooth transition. The new owners, not Wanda but a smaller concern/syndicate of property magnates are already making the decisions. 

The reason for the lack of announcement is that it   could add zeros to bidding for players that are going in now. The club plans to be run on a similar model to the Peace model. Nothing much will change. 

Probably all bollocks.

Maybe the delay in the VIP Travel is the backlog from Dover to Calais route?? Wink
(07-26-2016, 07:26 AM)richbaggie Wrote: My theory based on a little knowledge and a lot of guesswork.

The deal is done and has been for a while. Jenkins has all but gone if not completely but Peace will be around for a while for a smooth transition. The new owners, not Wanda but a smaller concern/syndicate of property magnates are already making the decisions. 

The reason for the lack of announcement is that it   could add zeros to bidding for players that are going in now. The club plans to be run on a similar model to the Peace model. Nothing much will change. 

Probably all bollocks.

If the deal is already done, could they really keep it all under wraps without any details coming out? You just have to look at the villa & wolves takeovers, it was reported when the details of the takeovers were at the FA for sign off. I know Peace likes to keep things close to his chest but surely they'd have to be enough people involved that a leak would be inevitable.
I believe that if it weren't for Wanda tweeting that they would let us know f they decide to take on wba.

It's such a strange thing to say about something they have zero involvement in. Why would a company of such wealth even bother mentioning it?
(07-26-2016, 08:03 AM)Ed_Hopper Wrote: I believe that if it weren't for Wanda tweeting that they would let us know f they decide to take on wba.

It's such a strange thing to say about something they have zero involvement in. Why would a company of such wealth even bother mentioning it?

Its just Brad their social media guy, I doubt the people at the top of the corporation have any idea what he's doing
I'm starting to think we will end up with a repeat of last season and nothing will happen,
Patience is key but getting a bit close to the season for my liking.
Lots of people keep saying it isn't Wanda...including our local journos for whatever they are worth...but then they tease stuff about how it "could" still be them.

Either no-one knows anything (which I cannot believe - there are always some leaks), there is nowt going on at all (which is also not believable) or there is some clever click baiting.
The local papers are totally click bait driven. Matt Wilson admitted the other week he never gets any info from the club.

A lot of people want it to be Wanda with Jainlin being the richest billionaire in China. Rich is spot on saying the budgets won't be greatly changed. There won't be any £30m players rocking up.
(07-26-2016, 07:26 AM)richbaggie Wrote: My theory based on a little knowledge and a lot of guesswork.

Probably all bollocks.

Think this is probably quite accurate.  Certainly something is going on. 

Would be surprised if it was Wanda - as with their dosh they could probably buy out Chelsea (etc) if they fancied it and wanted a vanity project. I think the hope that it would be them comes from the idea that if they wanted to be real big bollocks we probably offer them a club that is 1/3 or 1/4 of the cost of one of the big boys and they could spend that on players - but realistically why would they bother?

There's definitely great opportunity to strengthen us and grow us. Just look at Tony Xia going to India and stating they want to grow Villa over there - we are one step ahead. 

For all the Anti-Pulis gobshites giving it loads about how terrible our squad is - it's not that bad - 4 more solid signings this season and we'll be comfortable again and able to continue getting back to the level we were at before the McDonut era. 

Have read a couple of articles that as football is the "in" thing for the Chinese leader that property companies buying football clubs wins them favour back home and potentially secures planning permissions and deals. 

Once they've bought us it won't be in their interest for us to be relegated as they'll automatically be shaving £100m+ off of their investment so I am optimistic that we'll begin to improve under new ownership but have no false ideas that we're going to be winning the champions league at any point!
Again on Wanda's Twitter this morning someone has asked if the announcement is wba related and they haven't confirmed one way or the other.