Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
call me a twat but
ive just had a fresh cold can of Budweiser out the fridge and it was bloody lovely.Now I barely drink and these 4 cans were an offer in the paper the other day by presentation of a voucher so they cost me nothing.I hate lager normally.its too fizzy and gives me the hiccups so I stick to bitter which is probably even more vile.But this isn't fizzy and its got a bit of a lemony aftertaste like a shandy.So go on then tell me I know nothing about beers and I'm a twat!
(07-24-2016, 07:07 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: ive just had a fresh cold can of Budweiser out the fridge and it was bloody lovely.Now I barely drink and these 4 cans were an offer in the paper the other day by presentation of a voucher so they cost me nothing.I hate lager normally.its too fizzy and gives me the hiccups so I stick to bitter which is probably even more vile.But this isn't fizzy and its got a bit of a lemony aftertaste like a shandy.So go on then tell me I know nothing about beers and I'm a twat!

Budweiser is a nice, fresh tasting lager particularly chilled. I'm sure there will be Hipsters and old farts who will disagree. However the beardy tits can do one!
(07-24-2016, 07:07 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: ive just had a fresh cold can of Budweiser out the fridge and it was bloody lovely.Now I barely drink and these 4 cans were an offer in the paper the other day by presentation of a voucher so they cost me nothing.I hate lager normally.its too fizzy and gives me the hiccups so I stick to bitter which is probably even more vile.But this isn't fizzy and its got a bit of a lemony aftertaste like a shandy.So go on then tell me I know nothing about beers and I'm a twat!
Bud is for yanks and cunts, take your pick.
(07-24-2016, 07:13 PM)James Wrote:

Ahem do one!
(07-24-2016, 07:13 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Ahem do one!
Tongue 

Only joking! bud!  Big Grin

If you mean the American piss (brewed in the UK - used to be a client when brewed at Mortlake), it is so bad it is undrinkable - nasty.  Thin but with a "taste" that lingers like that alcoholic burpiness after too much booze.  I have been at events held by A-B (brewer) where there was loads of the piss going free;  I went with the soft drinks. I cannot abide the taste.  That said, a good many of the management of A-B agreed with me; we buggered off to get some decent stuff when possible.
(07-24-2016, 07:16 PM)James Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 07:13 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Ahem do one!
Tongue 

Only joking! bud!  Big Grin

Wink
I go through phases with it. Sometimes I find it perfect when it's super chilled but then other times it's like fizzy water.
(07-24-2016, 07:17 PM)Grrrr Wrote:

If you mean the American piss (brewed in the UK - used to be a client when brewed at Mortlake), it is so bad it is undrinkable - nasty.  Thin but with a "taste" that lingers like that alcoholic burpiness after too much booze.  I have been at events held by A-B (brewer) where there was loads of the piss going free;  I went with the soft drinks. I cannot abide the taste.  That said, a good many of the management of A-B agreed with me; we buggered off to get some decent stuff when possible.

Like? Badgers Fanny, Old Mans Tadger, or some hideously heavy German lager?
(07-24-2016, 07:20 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 07:17 PM)Grrrr Wrote:

Like? Badgers Fanny, Old Mans Tadger, or some hideously heavy German lager?

Probably.  Well, not the lager. I prefer Twat Slayer.