Can't believe no mention of Walsall, Stoke or Stockton
Wot no Luton?
(02-23-2019, 08:58 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You can’t count places like Walsall when you have areas like Streetly, Aldridge, Great Wyrley, Pelsall etc If you are going to do that you can mention pretty much every town in Sandwell and three quarters of the rest of the Black Country.

I'd counter that those places are in the borough of Walsall, not town (of which Great Wyrley is part of neither).

If you want to see shit towns, come to where I live.
Stockton's OK, there's plenty of worse places near Middlesbrough. Like Middlesbrough.
(02-23-2019, 12:05 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 08:58 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You can’t count places like Walsall when you have areas like Streetly, Aldridge, Great Wyrley, Pelsall etc If you are going to do that you can mention pretty much every town in Sandwell and three quarters of the rest of the Black Country.

I'd counter that those places are in the borough of Walsall, not town (of which Great Wyrley is part of neither).

If you want to see shit towns, come to where I live.

Sorry you are indeed correct about Great Wyrley. However Walsall Town centre has gone downhill like hundreds of not thousands of others, but there are still some nice areas around the Broadway, The estate just off the Birmingham Road etc. Those areas are a lot better than most areas in the Black Country.
(02-23-2019, 07:18 AM)Llandudno Baggie Wrote: He has been to Mexico, Brazil, South American and African outposts, Jo'burg, Cape Town etc and says the most uneasy he has ever felt was coming out of Peterborough station on his way home.

Really?  it's a pain to get across the road from the station, but feeling uneasy?  Blimey.

Peterborough is an odd place; it has a feeling of varsity town playing a gig in Wolverhampton.