Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alec Jackson
Just read he's not in the best of health and will be receiving his cap before tonight's game. A Tipton bloke that stayed here and supped regularly in the George & Dragon and Shepherds Cottage. Give him a big cheer.
(12-07-2018, 11:21 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Just read he's not in the best of health and will be receiving his cap before tonight's game. A Tipton bloke that stayed here and supped regularly in the George & Dragon and Shepherds Cottage. Give him a big cheer.

Big mate of my late Dad.  Lovely bloke is Alex
I used to work with his sister-in-law.
(12-07-2018, 11:44 AM)baggiemac Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 11:21 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Just read he's not in the best of health and will be receiving his cap before tonight's game. A Tipton bloke that stayed here and supped regularly in the George & Dragon and Shepherds Cottage. Give him a big cheer.

Big mate of my late Dad.  Lovely bloke is Alex

Remember him well.  I used to have  a couple of those blue star badges with his photo inserted on me bobble hat.
Somebody might correct me on this, but I seem to remember him working for Triplex (the windscreen glass people) when they had a place down by the roundabout between Upper and Lower Church Lane. More or less straight after finishing playing.
Not sure about Triplex was a bit young to take notice but he did work in a factory. He never talked about work always football and mainly the Albion.
Just before my time. He was a bit of a legend though even then. Fair play to the fella, he'll get plenty of applause from me as he was part of the history that was handed down.
(12-07-2018, 12:08 PM)Ossian Wrote: Somebody might correct me on this, but I seem to remember him working for Triplex (the windscreen glass people) when they had a place down by the roundabout between Upper and Lower Church Lane. More or less straight after finishing playing.

Correct Mon. Always there and back on his pushbike. His mode of transport to the pub too.
Can't wait til Bully, Goodman and Anelka rock up!

A few I'm really looking forward to are Willie, Koumas and Maresca even though he only played 18 games for us!
A real character and Albion to the core. All the best, Alec.