Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA Cup TV Matches
West Ham v Blues no, Shrews v Stoke no, Man U v Reading yes - Starts yawning

Friday, January 4: Tranmere Rovers or Southport vs Tottenham (BT Sport 2 - 7.45pm)
Saturday, January 5: Manchester United vs Reading (BT Sport 2 - 12.30pm)
Saturday, January 5: Solihull Moors or Blackpool vs Arsenal (BT Sport 2 - 5.30pm)
Sunday, January 6: Woking vs Watford (BT Sport 2 - 2pm)
Sunday, January 6: Wrexham or Newport County vs Leicester City (BBC One - 4.30pm)
Monday, January 7: Wolves vs Liverpool (BBC One - 7.45pm)
Why would West Ham v Blues be considered?
I never understand why match ups you'll see twice in the league this season gets shown over matches you won't see in the league.

Boring line ups as per.
(12-07-2018, 09:11 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I never understand why match ups you'll see twice in the league this season gets shown over matches you won't see in the league.

Boring line ups as per.

It’s as to be expected. Big club away at little club will always attract TV crews.

Think United have only had one cup game not televised in the last 15 years or something daft like that.
The obligatory Man U cup game

(12-07-2018, 09:06 AM)Duffmon Wrote: Why would West Ham v Blues be considered?

High flying Championship side vs a bottom half Prem one. Possible upset.
(12-07-2018, 09:27 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: The obligatory Man U cup game

Possible upset.

Not much of an upset though is it? It’s hardly a tie that screams “must watch”.

I can see why all of those games have been picked, like I said, big club away at little club always sells well.

United always get picked simply because they’re still the most popular team in the country. BT/BBC know that more people will tune in to watch United play anyone than West Ham v Blues or Shrewsbury v Stoke. Not hard to grasp really.
(12-07-2018, 09:11 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I never understand why match ups you'll see twice in the league this season gets shown over matches you won't see in the league.

Boring line ups as per.

(12-07-2018, 08:46 AM)karlalb10n Wrote: Monday, January 7: Wolves vs Liverpool (BBC One - 7.45pm)

Two of the biggest clubs in the focking universe pal - Candles and Floodlights AOTS. Global audience figures will be as big as the Superbowl with mudwrestling Britney Spears as the half time show
(12-07-2018, 09:32 AM)Duffmon Wrote:

Possible upset.

I can see why all of those games have been picked, like I said, big club away at little club always sells well.

United always get picked simply because they’re still the most popular team in the country. BT/BBC know that more people will tune in to watch United play anyone than West Ham v Blues or Shrewsbury v Stoke. Not hard to grasp really.

For a commercial company like BT I can understand. But the BBC are a license payer funded public broadcaster.
(12-07-2018, 10:02 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 09:32 AM)Duffmon Wrote:

Possible upset.

For a commercial company like BT I can understand. But the BBC are a license payer funded public broadcaster.

They are, but they’ll still pick the matches that they think the most people will be interested in, and usually that’s United.

Boring line ups as per.

Since when have Woking and Watford been in the same division? Or Arsenal and either Solihull or Blackpool? Or Spurs and Tranmere or Southport?