Bill Hicks
Jack Dee
Steve Hughes
Kevin Bridges
Tim Vine
Eddie Izzard
Robin Williams
Rhod Gilbert

Billy Connolly is a great shout. Absolutely brilliant. I used to love the BBC series he did a fair few years back, basically touring New Zealand. That was a fantastic watch.

Frank Skinner is right up there too. 

Right now, I'm a massive fan of Joe Lycett. He's got a consumer complaint series coming up, that should be hilarious.

Joe Lycett is funny from Hall Green and a baggie, his twitter when we beat Liverpool and Man U were ace

https://twitter.com/joelycett/status/957374610550546432

https://twitter.com/joelycett/status/985563154712350721
I hardly watch TV but he was compering some show and he was really good

+1
(12-06-2018, 08:13 PM)ArmchairNonner Wrote: No Mickey Flanagan?! I can watch the same stuff again and again and still laugh. The demise of fingering, Shits abroad, Women getting drunk, Peeping - all hilarious. Especially considering he's a cockney herbert.

Peeping! Loffin, had me in tears when I first seen it.
(12-06-2018, 02:19 PM)Black Penny Wrote: Sorry guys but some obvious masters are missing :- Obviously your age makes choices more difficult.

Bob Monkhouse
Jimmy Tarbuck
Mike Reid
Bernard Manning
Jim Davidson
Frankie Howard
Victoria Wood
Roy "Chubby" Brown
John Bishop
Brendan O'Carroll

Edited to remove those who never raised a titter from me. A list to which I would add Peter Kay. His entire act seems to be "I'm from Oop North! Laugh at me!!" I live Oop North. It's not funny.

(12-06-2018, 10:17 PM)BigLadbaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 08:13 PM)ArmchairNonner Wrote: No Mickey Flanagan?! I can watch the same stuff again and again and still laugh. The demise of fingering, Shits abroad, Women getting drunk, Peeping - all hilarious. Especially considering he's a cockney herbert.

Peeping! Loffin, had me in tears when I first seen it.

Walking back from the corner shop, wearing a vest and drinking a can of Tennent's Super Lager. "It's amazing how space opens up around you".
Of the ones I have seen, Billy Connolly, Bernard Manning and Chubby Brown stand out. I've also enjoyed Jasper and Andy Parsons (the later about 10 years ago before really famous).

I saw Eddie Izzard in a bar at Sloane Square this lunch time.
Peter Kay's first two stand up tours were hilarious IMO. Had me in tears the first time round. Phoenix Nights and Max & Paddy are fantastic. But I do agree he is definitely guilty of rinsing and repeating his material. I find him slightly annoying now.
(12-06-2018, 06:21 PM)Stevel Knievel Wrote: Ditto re: Kay - how the fuck he has made a career out of remembering things and then saying them out loud to make simpletons laugh is beyond me

It's old hat now, but are you telling me you didn't find it funny when his first 2 stand up DVDs came out?!
Daniel Kitson, seen him 6 or 7 times now. So good, clever bastard too.

Shame he doesn’t release DVDs or appear on TV since he fell out with a Peter Kay on Phoenix Nights. He was the goofy barman with glasses.
(12-07-2018, 12:18 PM)WBA Baracus Wrote: Daniel Kitson, seen him 6 or 7 times now. So good, clever bastard too.

Shame he doesn’t release DVDs or appear on TV since he fell out with a Peter Kay on Phoenix Nights. He was the goofy barman with glasses.

Aye, Spencer Lad is very decent. 

As well as PN, he has also had a few TV bit-part roles - including a slightly obscure Brit flick called Dog Eat Dog (early 00s)
Some good shouts on this thread.

The funniest single stand up performance I have seen was Andrew Maxwell in 2012

Clearly pissed, he lambasted some parent(s) for bringing a kid in to the gig, and got said kid up on stage and made him sit with hands over his ears.

He did not hold back on the parent attack and everyone was in absolute stitches for about 20 minutes. Superb.
Purely basing this on those that really make me laugh.

Bill Bailey (live)
Eddie Izzard  (live)
Rhod Gilbert (live)
Milton Jones (live)
Stewart Francis
Jeff Durham
Billy Connoly (live)
Skinner
Carrot 

Nods to those that mek me loff also, but in a lesser degree and are worthy of a mention for being very good comedians (stand-up):

Richard Prior
Chris Tucker
Adam Sandler
Joe Lycett 
Lee Mack
Micky Flanagan
Ross Noble
Andy Parsons

There's a black short African guy who speaks really posh English, he's quite funny, usually does the Apollo gigs. Forgot his name.

Don't find Lee Evans, Bernard, Chubby, Bob, Davidson - none of them funny at all.