Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Standups
(12-06-2018, 01:19 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 12:57 PM)P_K Wrote: Can I count Tommy Cooper?

Which brings me to Reginald D Hunter. Went to see him a few years back, but was a bit disappointed. Find him funnier in small doses like this...

He is the only comedian I have walked out on, awful is being kind.
(12-06-2018, 11:35 AM)P_K Wrote: In order;

Billy Connolly
Ricky Gervais
Bill Hicks
Jack Dee
Steve Hughes
Kevin Bridges
Tim Vine
Eddie Izzard
Robin Williams
Rhod Gilbert

Billy Connolly is a great shout. Absolutely brilliant. I used to love the BBC series he did a fair few years back, basically touring New Zealand. That was a fantastic watch.

Frank Skinner is right up there too. 

Right now, I'm a massive fan of Joe Lycett. He's got a consumer complaint series coming up, that should be hilarious.
Going a bit off topic, but I really enjoy some of Rich Hall's American road trip type shows on television.
(12-06-2018, 12:38 PM)Ossian Wrote: How could I have overlooked Dave Allen?

Absolute genius.

And at a time when the Catholic Church in Ireland was not an institution you wanted to be on the wrong side of. Not seen that many overall but Harry Hill nearly put me in cardiac arrest. It was a birthday present to my wife, almost akin to Homer buying Marge a bowling ball inscribed with his name.
Sorry guys but some obvious masters are missing :- Obviously your age makes choices more difficult.

Bob Monkhouse
Jimmy Tarbuck
Mike Reid
Bernard Manning
Jim Davidson
Frankie Howard
Victoria Wood
Roy "Chubby" Brown
John Bishop
Brendan O'Carroll

(12-06-2018, 12:58 PM)Sunshine Wrote: I forgot Emo Philips

Gosh, forgot about him. Used to enjoy his brief appearances on TV. Very much in the same vein as Steven Wright, IMO, who also used to crack me up.

Of the ones I've seen live, Izzard tops the lot with Skinner closely behind. Jack Dee and Sean Locke also very good.
best stand up ever bernard manning
Diane Abbott is hilarious.
Jimmy Carr was hilarious when I seen him. Poor folks on the front rows took some stick