Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Who else here
Personally couldn't give a flying fuck what Vilers say as regards to Albion or their supposed 'real derby' game.

I despise the Vile more than enough for both of us and my 'proper derby' is who the fuck I say it's against.

And I really don't care what they think of the Blues or any other club or set of supporters either.

So there.............  Tongue .
(12-05-2018, 08:45 PM)Black Penny Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 08:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 07:43 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 07:39 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 07:30 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: I thought winning at all costs regardless of opposition was the only reason to watch football?

Winning is all that matters in football but not all winning is equal.

This is the best Fence Sitting Vegetarian type of post I've seen in years.

Translation winning against Villa or Wolves is always more satisfying than winning against clubs like Resding, Brentford, Hull. However I want to beat them as well, and no I dint care how that is achieved.

Beating Seals or Dingles are like winning a cup final COYB

Nah, it is a fabulous feeling but I would trade Fridays result for a trip to Wembley to watch the
stripes pick up the FA Cup anyday
Villa fan in my office – Genuinely decent bloke, until the subject of Football comes up. I’ve been reminded of 1982 more times than I care to remember this week as well as the usual crap about not being able to get a ticket because the away allocation was so small. The worst of this is he’s not trying to wind me up, they are so inherently deluded that this sort of nonsense comes out even when having a perfectly amicable conversation.

The company have given us the afternoon off tomorrow to have our Christmas do, so the pre-match beers will start at 1pm for me. I’m excited for said pre-match beers and banter (Villa fan from the office to be ditched by 16:30 sharp!!!)  but will not enjoy any part of the game, until that final whistle goes (As long as we win...). The thought of losing to those arrogant and deluded wankers makes me feel physically sick.
(12-06-2018, 12:43 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 07:03 PM)swordfish Wrote: I hate them! Just the game though. I've been to many Albion Villa games with a mix of both club's fans and had really enjoyable days out. At The Hawthorns we've eaten in The Vine after drinking our way up from Carters Green.  After  Villa Park we've ended up in the city centre after investigating some dives on the outskirts. Great days out regardless of who won. The game itself I find nervewracking.

Good post.  The highest highs and the lowest lows.

Watching their 10 men beating us at VP - when Hitzelberger smashed in the late winner - is about as bad as I can recall.

Conversely, the 2 games under Roy in 2011 (Mulu and Scharner) were just fucking incredible.  Must have been on the sauce in Brum city centre until 3 in the morning singing SOTV after the 2-1 away win.  About 10 different groups of Blues fans must have joined in.

Re Highest high.   That one at The Hawthorns when we won with 10 men. Close 2nd, Robbo's late equaliser at VP
     Low.  That 4-0 in the cup, queued all night in the rain for a ticket, Villa on a bad run, Albion were blown away.
I'm one of those who hate the games against Villa and Wolves. Feel sick during the game, just about bearable if we draw, only enjoyed if we win.

The comments about highest of highs and lowest of lows is almost true, only bettered by winning promotion or avoiding relegation on the last day. When Mulumbu scored the winner in the 10 man game, I genuinely nearly passed out.
(12-05-2018, 09:37 PM)Peachy Wrote: The thing with Villa is I'm just not sure they feel it like we feel it for them. Some don't like us for sure but Blues is their Derby. That's what my Villa mates tell me at least.

I'm 43 and Wolves is still bigger for me than Villa all though I do understand that this might be an age thing. Don't get me wrong, I want to beat them so badly, but for a proper Derby you need equal hatred on both sides and for me that's those dingle bastards.

Irrespective of their their opinion of us, they are utter cunts.
Hate the f $ckers. If they win they will crawl out of every orifice to taunt me for the next week or so. Brother in law supports them, only ever been to vp to see Take That but will text me smack on full time if they're victorious. Hope we smash em.
(12-06-2018, 03:10 PM)Winstonn08 Wrote: Villa fan in my office – Genuinely decent bloke, until the subject of Football comes up. I’ve been reminded of 1982 more times than I care to remember this week as well as the usual crap about not being able to get a ticket because the away allocation was so small. The worst of this is he’s not trying to wind me up, they are so inherently deluded that this sort of nonsense comes out even when having a perfectly amicable conversation.

The company have given us the afternoon off tomorrow to have our Christmas do, so the pre-match beers will start at 1pm for me. I’m excited for said pre-match beers and banter (Villa fan from the office to be ditched by 16:30 sharp!!!)  but will not enjoy any part of the game, until that final whistle goes (As long as we win...). The thought of losing to those arrogant and deluded wankers makes me feel physically sick.

Cave his head in.
(12-07-2018, 08:26 AM)Garryowenslegs Wrote: Hate the f $ckers. If they win they will crawl out of every orifice to taunt me for the next week or so. Brother in law supports them, only ever been to vp to see Take That but will text me smack on full time if they're victorious. Hope we smash em.

Wants stringing up for that alone! Did he go with PK?
In the form of his life.
Yep the Villa fans I know class Blues as their big derby. We rate a poor second according to them.