Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Who else here
(12-05-2018, 05:16 PM)Sidders Wrote: I feel physically sick when Villa attack us !!! I hate derbies  Confused

I feel sick just looking at their vile spue inducing shirts
Love the derbies. The highs are mega high and beating Villa on Friday will make my Christmas. I don't care how , cheat bite kick whatever. As long as we win
(12-05-2018, 05:02 PM)DharmaAlbion Wrote: Villa and Wolves is almost always violent, certainly away. Blues is almost a sickening love-in. Nothing quite like the couldron of a Potteries derby though.

The Blose cup game away when we won 1-2 was far from a love-in!!
I've had many an issue at small Heath away, before during and after. Certainly no love lost
Can honestly say have seen more trouble in the 90's with us and Stoke and the Dogeads.

The 3-2 wolves game was very poorly policed. Also remember the 92 season lots of trouble against Stoke.
(12-05-2018, 10:43 PM)coxy134 Wrote: Can honestly say have seen more trouble in the 90's with us and Stoke and the Dogeads.

The 3-2 wolves game was very poorly policed. Also remember the 92 season lots of trouble against Stoke.

DK excepted  Wink   them potters are animals - smosh up bogs etc... Big Grin
(12-06-2018, 12:00 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 10:43 PM)coxy134 Wrote: Can honestly say have seen more trouble in the 90's with us and Stoke and the Dogeads.

DK excepted  Wink   them potters are animals - smosh up bogs etc... Big Grin

Sneak attack on the wash basins. They never stood a chance.

(12-05-2018, 07:03 PM)swordfish Wrote: I hate them! Just the game though. I've been to many Albion Villa games with a mix of both club's fans and had really enjoyable days out. At The Hawthorns we've eaten in The Vine after drinking our way up from Carters Green.  After  Villa Park we've ended up in the city centre after investigating some dives on the outskirts. Great days out regardless of who won. The game itself I find nervewracking.

Good post.  The highest highs and the lowest lows.

Watching their 10 men beating us at VP - when Hitzelberger smashed in the late winner - is about as bad as I can recall.

Conversely, the 2 games under Roy in 2011 (Mulu and Scharner) were just fucking incredible.  Must have been on the sauce in Brum city centre until 3 in the morning singing SOTV after the 2-1 away win.  About 10 different groups of Blues fans must have joined in.
I love the atmosphere in the ground at a derby match and the tension created.

I used to know a bloke that went home and away for years and used to go to games against the dingles but wouldnt take his seat or place on the terraces. He would stay on the concourse
as the pressure was too much for him.

To me seeing the game live and screaming and shouting and generally being involved releases the nervous tension.
(12-05-2018, 09:37 PM)Peachy Wrote: The thing with Villa is I'm just not sure they feel it like we feel it for them. Some don't like us for sure but Blues is their Derby. That's what my Villa mates tell me at least.

I'm 43 and Wolves is still bigger for me than Villa all though I do understand that this might be an age thing. Don't get me wrong, I want to beat them so badly, but for a proper Derby you need equal hatred on both sides and for me that's those dingle bastards.

This. They don't care about us. I don't care about them. They're proper derby is Blues.