Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Who else here
(12-05-2018, 06:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The elation I get from beating Reading at home is what I go to football for.

I thought winning at all costs regardless of opposition was the only reason to watch football?
(12-05-2018, 07:30 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 06:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The elation I get from beating Reading at home is what I go to football for.

I thought winning at all costs regardless of opposition was the only reason to watch football?

Winning is all that matters in football but not all winning is equal.

Now ypou've confused him Wink
(12-05-2018, 07:39 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

This is the best Fence Sitting Vegetarian type of post I've seen in years.
(12-05-2018, 07:43 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:

Translation winning against Villa or Wolves is always more satisfying than winning against clubs like Resding, Brentford, Hull. However I want to beat them as well, and no I dint care how that is achieved.
(12-05-2018, 08:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 07:43 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:

Translation winning against Villa or Wolves is always more satisfying than winning against clubs like Resding, Brentford, Hull. However I want to beat them as well, and no I dint care how that is achieved.

Beating Seals or Dingles are like winning a cup final COYB
(12-05-2018, 05:28 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: It all depends on your situation in your own life. I work for myself and don't know or hang about with twats who support them. However, I'm watching the match, as I said before, with a Villa mate. He's a good lad and no piss taker. Either way, whoever comes out on top(if one does), afterwards the beer will flow and nowt will have changed. Equally, my best man was/is a Wolves fan.
I do though, even though I'll conceal it to my mate, like getting one over on the Villa like no other team.
I first started supporting us in the mid 70s and we had some right crap times v Villa, which I had to face at school.
A 0-3, when I was in the Brummie, in 78 stands out as particularly dark. The 1-0 Batson back-pass when they won the title was equally gut wrenching too.
This is a hard game to call. I can see it being a lively draw 2-2.

Same here bud Vile seemed to have the Indian sign over us in that period and I suffered dogs abuse and taunts from me villa supporting mates,,, I've hated the fuggers with a passion ever since and would love to shut the arrogant fuggers up but fear once again in true Albion fashion we will shoot ourselves in the foot again and the wankers will do us,, please let me be wrong for fuggin once.
The thing with Villa is I'm just not sure they feel it like we feel it for them. Some don't like us for sure but Blues is their Derby. That's what my Villa mates tell me at least.

I'm 43 and Wolves is still bigger for me than Villa all though I do understand that this might be an age thing. Don't get me wrong, I want to beat them so badly, but for a proper Derby you need equal hatred on both sides and for me that's those dingle bastards.
(12-05-2018, 09:37 PM)Peachy Wrote: The thing with Villa is I'm just not sure they feel it like we feel it for them. Some don't like us for sure but Blues is their Derby. That's what my Villa mates tell me at least.

I'm 43 and Wolves is still bigger for me than Villa all though I do understand that this might be an age thing. Don't get me wrong, I want to beat them so badly, but for a proper Derby you need equal hatred on both sides and for me that's those dingle bastards.

Similar age, same opinion.

I've never understood a Black Country mon supporting the Villa. Fks all that about.
(12-05-2018, 06:56 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Hate the Wolves match. I empathise with the above comment about feeling sick every time they attack. Bang on that. I enjoy the Villa match.

FODTV